Here I Go

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shopping Spree

We have saved all of our gifts and all of our gift cards from the engagement party, shower(s) and wedding. Everything has been stored in our office and once we ran out of room there we stacked everything in the dining room. Sunday I vowed for a day of productivity especially since they no longer offer the gym class that I have been going to every Sunday for the last seven years, but that is neither here nor there. Our method behind our madness was to save all of our gifts and then when we had everything we would clear out the old and bring in the new. It made more sense instead of incorporating the old with the new. Well it made sense back then. It was a heck of a project. Everything has been in a disarray for the last month but I really didn't know where to begin. So Sunday I started emptying out everything and by the time Andrew got home from work we started putting all of our new things away. It works out nice because Kyle is inheriting all of our old things.

Monday morning we woke up and set off to return some of our things that we realized that we registered for without really taking into consideration that we have NO room. We returned and then went on our shopping spree. We went down every aisle and got everything that we have ever needed and something things we probably don't need. The best part about our spree is it was free thanks to our 34 gift cards that we have! We are now going to be dicing (new knifes), cooking (new pots and pans), stirring (new utensils), toasting (new toaster), etc. you get my drift.

We are still working on the perfect bed. After 6 trips to Macy's and one more tomorrow (presale- the catch they don't let you pick it up till the actual sale begins) I think we have our bed complete. I however, am not completely sold on it. I really was hoping for one of those beds that you see in a fancy hotel or one of those home magazines. The kind where it sort of sings to you in all of its magnificent and beauty. The only sound I heard was the sobs of how much it stinking costs. I pushed all of that aside (thanks to Macy's gift cards) but when I got it home and started putting together it just looked like a sloppy/blah/dormitory/bachelor pad bed. So hopefully after making some adjustments I have found the right combination to make it the winner. If not I am returning it and waiting till the right bedroom set jumps out at me. The good news is I am on a first name basis with all of the friendly ladies in the home good department at the local Macy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment