Here I Go

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Post Wedding/Career Blues

I used to read blogs from www.weddingbee.com about this very topic. On a side note, if my schedule wasn't so busy I would have loved to been a "bee". Any who I have read quite a few blogs about post wedding blues and all I could think was that those girls were certified wack a doos. But as I am approaching the 4 week married mark I am feeling a little blue.

Don't get me wrong......I do not have any reservation about being married. I love it. I love having a husband. I love having two rings. I love having saved a bunch of money on car insurance (true story). Married life is grand!

The thing I am blue about is that it is all over. It went so fast. This was supposed to be one of the biggest days of my life and it was, but now it is over. I definitely had stressful moments leading up to the wedding but I would do it all over again in a heart beat. It was so nice spending time with family and friends. It was so much fun seeing every thing unfold as I had dreamed about. I guess I have the pictures which I pretty much look at daily ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I guess there are multiple factors contributing to my blues. 1. Kyle is moving. The good news is she is moving to Tampa which is only two hours away but man oh man am I heart broken. She is one of my bff's. We have had so much fun over the last couple of months and now she is moving on to bigger and better.

2. The first week I was looking for a job I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to find one. Then 4 possibilities came about. Then I was overwhelmed and have realized that I am terrified of working. I have worked for "free" for the last two years but I always had a preceptor to fall back on......now I am really going to be on my own.

3. Do you know that most jobs if your lucky only give you two weeks vacation? What kind of life is that? That terrifies me as well as possibly working at a place that I may hate. So it is really a big circle that I keep swimming in. It isn't pretty because I will be the first to tell you that I am a HORRIBLE housewife. I haven't made dinner once in my hiatus from work. I can't bring myself to clean/organize all of our stuff. I really haven't mustered up much energy to do much of anything. Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little bit. I was sick last week so that contributed a little bit to my lackadaisicalness. Kyle and I did go to Tampa for a day, I did look for jobs, went on interview and ran lots of errands. But I know that it is bad when my sweetie suggests me going to work ASAP.


4. I think I have out grown Naples/Ft. Myers. I am ready to move but of course can't (2 mortgages). I could make more money else where.....I know money isn't everything. But case in point on Thursday we went to happy hour and we looked around and we were the youngest people by 50 years. No exaggeration. The ratio of old versus young has not occurred over night, I just keep noticing it more and more. Especially when we went to Michigan and there were so many young people out at the farmers market, grocery store, etc. I would love to be able to move somewhere else. I really don't know where. I am sure if the time came I would be apprehensive about moving.

I really could go on and on but complaining is so unbecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment