Here I Go

Monday, November 15, 2010

Damn Sally

Last night I did the unthinkable. I added up my student loan debt. To get through school I think I turned a blind eye on how much student debt I was really accruing. Therefore when ever I received a letter regarding my federal loans I would glance at it and then shred (sometimes just shred). I know the money that magically appeared into my checking account a couple of times a year really wasn't all that magical it was just a loan with 8.5% interst. It was fun to pretend that I actually had money.


So last night I perused through my loans and found out how much I actually owe. Thank goodness I did this after marriage. You should have seen Andrew's face as he repeated back 128,000 dollars. Every thing that he was planning on purchasing in the next year or so disappeared fast. The funny thing is when he came home from work that day he said hurry up and get a job so you can get a new car and then we can get a boat. Ha ha ha. No new boat in the future for us.

Ahhhhh what a fun realization. I guess when they say ignorance is bliss they really are on to something

No comments:

Post a Comment