Here I Go

Thursday, November 11, 2010

70 minutes

Today I had my very first day of my real PA career. I guess I should back up. I applied to a recruiting post for a locum tenen which means temporary work. The catch is you have to sign an agreement saying you will work but you don't know who you are working for. The benefit it pays a lot of money, travel expense, hotels, no interview and if something else comes along you can just leave. Sounds great right? I filled out all of the paperwork and was placed at an office in Cape Coral. After talking to the recruiter I was told to start on Thursday and would be needed for a couple of weeks M-F from 10-2. I thought this would be a nice way for me to ease into the whole work force and it would allow me the chance to keep looking for a full time job.

I showed up at 8:45am and realized that there wasn't a supervising physician. To make a long story short I made it a whole 70 minutes before the recruiter called and said that there was a mix up and I wasn't permitted to work there. Ha ha ha. It sort of stinks because I was already spending the money in my head. I am spent after such a long day of work. I think the mister was very disappointed that my whole job didn't pan out. I have a couple of other leads in the area but nothing is jumping out at me yet. As of right now I can take my time in finding the right job......I say that with caution because I know as fast as I type that, that circumstances can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment