Tennessee was wonderful. It was a reminder how much I miss the seasons, parks and how there are so many more things to do. I do like Florida but after visiting new cities it comes off as quite bland. Of course there is the beaches, boating and sun but that is pretty much it……especially in the Naples-Ft. Myers area. Usually I look forward to coming home and this time I could have stayed a lot longer exploring and seeing new things.
Andrew deserves a t-shirt that says I survived Marquis’ families Christmas. Surprisingly he has called since we got back…………. I seriously contemplated not letting him out of my sight ha hah ah. So overall it was great. This was the first time in 16 years that all my family spent Christmas together. One of my highlights was playing charades. It was quite comical to say the least. It was just so nice being all together.
Santa was very good to me this year. I keep saying, "I be blinging" Andrew got me a ring and earrings from Tiffanys. Apparently he didn't look at my pudgy fingers and thought I wore a size 4. Lets just say it is a good thing I am not part of the whole Hansel and Gretel ordeal because I would have been eaten first. Anyway we had to exchange and I ended up with 2 rings and a bracelet. They are beautiful and I am finding a hard time taking them off. I also got a camera and a stocking. My mom got me so many wonderful things as well. We almost had to send boxes back. The boys said anything else that was coming back with us on the trip had to be worn. Anyway I got some new sheets....1000 ct which is going to contribute even more to my not being able to get out of bed. I think she bought stock in Victoria Secrets. I got lots of PJ's................. they are the cutest, most comfortable things I have ever worn.
It was a great great Christmas. I was being very buh humbuggy at first but everything worked out well. Al and I didn't kill each other, we made it safe and sound and even Grandma let us sleep together in one room on twin air mattresses.
On our way back we stopped off in Chattanooga and spent the afternoon doing tourists stuff. Once again I can’t even begin to explain how breathtaking the view is. So my five year plan may have been pushed up and Nashville/Chattanooga area have been added to the list of possible places to move too.
Me, Aunt Starr, Al
No comments:
Post a Comment