Here I Go

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Impending Doom

Oh how I have enjoyed my 24 day 16 hour and 37 second break. I have it enjoyed it so much in fact that I am not looking forward to going back what so ever. I need to pack up my stuff, give my house a once over, put away Christmas decorations, wrap a couple of presents for my parents (still haven't had Christmas with my dad) and yet I can't even manage getting out of bed. Shotzie is accompanying me which is making it even harder. I think she is a little upset that I have been gone so much. When ever I come home she full fledge sleeps on my belly and I can't seem to make myself push her off. (she is just so darn cute). So here I lay.....down about school, surrounded by bags that haven't been unpacked from TN or NYE and I have no motivation what so ever. BLAH

My lack of wanting to go back to school stems from multiple things..................... besides the fact that it is just plain torture. Sometimes I think it may be easier to have that whole Chinese water torture; isn't that the one where water continuously drips on your head? At the beginning of the program they said the way you get through PA school is the way you get through eating an elephant..........one bite at a time. Well let me tell you, I sick and tired of eating this darn elephant.

Another contributing factor to the demise of my positive attitude is my ever increasingly list of wants. I really really really want a new car. Ever since I drove that new car last week that is all I can think about. I just want to be "be-boping" around town on a new set of wheels. I also want new towels for my bathroom, new purse, new house, new comforter, vacation, etc. I told you I have a lot of wants! If I have to hear the expression, "in a few years it is going to so worth it" one more time I may scream. Of course it will be worth it but right now I don't want to be driving a ten year old car, right now I want a new comforter, right now........right now.............. right now...............

Phew don't mind my minor temper tantrums. It has been a hard couple of days and I know it is going to be a little harder before it gets better..........it is the impending doom of school. I guess when it is all said and done I am the type of person that needs structure and once I fall out of the daily routine of my life it is hard to get back to it. It is so hard because the structure took so long to "really get" and wouldn't you know it takes two days to fall out of.

Another thing that drives me crazy is roommates. Don't get me wrong as far as roommates are concerned I have the best one and not to mention I wouldn't be able to survive without his contribution towards the house payment. BUT I can't wait till I never have to have another roommate. It is just hard sharing your place with someone else and things not being left the way you left them. It will be just so nice not having to share my place........let me emphasize it will only be nice to not share my place WHEN I CAN AFFORD NOT TO SHARE. So I have lot to look forward to in the future, I just need to keep my eye on the present.

That brings me to my next complaint............darn condo life. So I haven't had anyone live above me in 4 years or so and it has been rather nice. Well my condo president is so lackadaisical and I got to thinking that I never really saw anyone fix the pipe that burst in the ceiling above my place. So now someone lives up there and all I can keep thinking about is them using the washer that hasn't been used in 4 years and my place flooding AGAIN. I wrote him a nice little letter and warned my roomie (see I guess it is a good thing I have a roomie) to be on the lookout for water. Oh and a unit is for sale (the original owners bought when they were brand new for 58k in 1980) and now they will take as low as 135k. Ouch ouch ouch! I may never be able to leave here. Hopefully they sell higher than that, otherwise I may give the bank a present! Ha ha ha ha......I would never do that but it is scary to think about A- not being able to sell or B- selling and losing my butt. At least I am not upside down as some but still to just think at one time they were selling for 309k. Darn economy and inflated housing market!


So not a good start to my whole new year resolutions. Can't say that I have a very positive attitude nor am I doing a good job by not comparing myself. So let me try........I am very very appreciative that I have a ten year old car that runs great and has been paid off for almost 5 years. I am very thankful that it safely gets me to point a to point b. I am very thankful that I have warm covers to sleep under and that I have many different options to choose from when I go to sleep. I am thankful that I have towels to dry off with even if they don't match my decor and are 8 years old. And I really am so thankful to have a roof over my head and a kid (cat) that loves me and all of the other things that I really am thankful for (although at times it doesn't seem like it). Ok hopefully now that I got that out of my system I can be done with complaining...............it is so unbecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment