Here I Go

Friday, December 30, 2011

That Time of Year

I love writing down all of my goals, wishes, resolutions for the upcoming year.  Nothing like getting it out in the open to help with accountability  I separated my list into categories (to help me stay organized :)).

Personal
  • Eat healthy 85% of the time. I would like to slowly start adding more organic products into my diet, less processed, less fried and less sugary foods.  Hoping my sweetie will jump on board too.
  • Continue to work out at least three days a week.
  • Find a place that I feel comfortable to take my yoga practice to another level.
  • Run in a 5 k or the Naples mini triathlon.
  • Love me unconditionally.  Faults, mistakes, insecurities and all.
  • Get and stay organized.  
  • Go on a skiing trip. 
  • Remain present and live in the now.
  • Wash my face at least 3x a week 
  • Positivity, positivity, positivity.  Believe it, practice it and live it........EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Spiritual
  • Find a church where we can establish roots.  
  • Join a small group.
  • Attend a motivational seminar.
  • Learn how to meditate and practice daily.
  • Have intent and follow through with it.  Send more just because cards, say I love you more, tell people they are appreciated, give more compliments, etc.  I can't begin to tell you how many times I think about doing some thing.....sending a birthday card, sending an email, making a phone call.  Sometimes I will think of the act 10+ times and never follow through.  Sometimes I will even write the card, put a stamp on it but fail to put it in the mailbox. No more!!  I think about my friends, family, acquaintances often.......in 2012 they will know about it!  I apologize in advance if you get some sappy card from me or a phone call.
    Financial
    • I need to get my finances in order.  Top on my list is set up and start contributing to a 401k.  Luckily my sweetie is helping me organize my financial goals.  
    • Pay 1.5 times my monthly student loan bills.
    • Spend less, save more.
    • Contribute a percentage of my salary to charity each year.  I realize how fortunate I am and I want to give back.  I am still working on the exact percentage of what would be reasonable.  My goal is to try and give throughout the year and what ever amount I have left at the end of the year I will write a check to a couple of my favorite organizations.
    Some are big, some are small.  All of the things listed are things that I think about frequently. Writing them down helps keep me accountable and reminds me of areas I still want to work on.  I will check in time to time and let you know how I am doing.  Here is to 2012. I am going to make it my year!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment