Here I Go

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Weekends are a wonderful thing

This week I had to adjust back to the whole working world, it was rough after 12 days of vacation.


Steve's cousin, Matt moved down on Thursday, he is renting my Dad's condo. It is great to have family so close. Friday night we all went to happy hour across the street then we came back here and played guitar hero. We were rocking a little too hard and the playstation fell off the shelf and scratched the cd. All further concerts have been cancelled until we can get a new cd.


Saturday morning, I dropped the avenger off to get her waxed. I don't want to have a repeat of last year (new paint job). Apparently waxing cars do not fall into the boyfriend category as far as Steve is concerned. I thought waxing a car would be a fair trade for grocery shopping and cooking but not accoriding to his guidelines. I need to ask him for a manual :)

I grandma-sat for the majority of the day. I think I might need to take a some "parenting" classes......I was going to take her to her house and I was helping her put on her shoes and told her to pick up her foot. Well, she did and then she toppled right over. Luckily she didn't break anything and has a wonderful sense of humor. So here she is laying on the floor, laughing hysterically, and not being able to get up. We tried everything and finally succeeded after 20 minutes.


Last night Steve went to a boys night and us girls went out. The boys played poker and we had a little wine tasting party, followed by desserts, and then the bar.


This week my cousin that I have not seen in 10 years is coming to visit. Steve's cousins are also coming down. We are hoping the weather continues to stay nice (80's) so we can go on the boat.


Steve starts school tomorrow!! He has a backpack but still needs all the essential supplies. He thinks he needs the whole kit and caboodle ie: laptop bag, pocket protector, lunch box, an apple for the teacher etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment