Here I Go

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A little hairy

It has been a long week so far and it is only Wednesday. I haven't really officially announced that I am also going to school. I didn't want to steal Steve's thunder and I wanted to make sure that this is something that I really wanted to do before I told too many people. So with that being said I am going back to school.....oh boy. I have done a lot of research and I have decided that I want to become a physicians assistant (PA). I have to take approxiamately 40 credits before I can enter the PA program at Nova University. Right now I am taking classes at International College and pretty much am guarnteed a spot in the program. I have to take about 15 more credits but it will be worth it. There is only 50 spots available and they typically get around 500 applicants.

I was really hesitant at first and to be honest I still am. I love the company I am with but I don't see a lot of room for growth and it isn't exactly the field that I want to be in. I am aspiring to find my passion and that is the health care field. It is a little hairy at the moment becuase I am going to school full time (13 credits) and working full time. I think I will be able to handle it this semester but this summer something will have to give. In actuality I think it is all going to work out. My company is going through a lot of changes, so it isn't exactly the same company I signed up for. I belive everything happens for a reason and this really confirms that I am making the right choice to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment