In lieu of attending Spring Break with my fellow classmates I am staying in good ole Naples and tackling a list of “honey do’s” (sometimes I refer to myself as honey, so this is a list compiled by yours truly). Anyway, number 1 on my list is to clean and get my condo back in tip top shape. I have been living in limbo. I was going to say living in limbo since the whole latest water incident but in reality it has been for the past ten months. The whole water fiascal was finally fixed……….. at a hefty price. The good news is it was a leak behind the washer. The parts just rusted thru which caused a small insidious leak. So insidious, in fact that it was able to saturate the drywall behind the washer, the hardwood floor and finally spread to the floor in front of my room. Thank goodness I have an eagle eye and was able to spot the bubbling of the floor, which lead to the discovery. I really need to replace the whole floor……..one day! The tub not draining was a separate entity and it just needed some super duper strength draino and removal of lots of hair. Phew. So with all of that, closet doors were removed, walls were replaced; so I need to paint, organize and of course clean up after my semi repulsive roomie.
Last week we had orientation for rotations. It is so exciting and pure motivation for the next couple of months ahead. To think it is only 4 months away. I can’t believe it has almost been a year! You know the saying, “Time flies when you are having fun” well I guess the phrase can also be “time flies even when you aren’t having fun”. There have been many days/weeks/months that it hasn’t been fun, but the end is almost in sight. There are so many choices with rotations and it has created a nice buzz amongst my classmates. Everyone is wondering where to do rotations? What to choose as an elective? Where to live? etc. I think that I am going to choose to do my rotations in Naples. I like Naples more than Fort Myers and I think after graduation I would like to stay in the area. The only thing is I would probably have a better starting salary if I went to a place where there weren’t so many PA’s. I think for now that is what I am shooting for. My dad, grams, Andrew’s grandparents, friends are in the area and for now we would like to stay. That is the 5 year plan as of right now. It is funny thing about plans though…….God likes to alter plans at the drop of a hat, so who knows. I guess I should say for now that is what I am thinking.
I am also seriously seriously seriously contemplating NOT getting another roomie. Mine is leaving in July and I think it will be better for my sanity (not so much for my pocket book) to just not have a roommate. The place is just to small for 3 people plus a cat. Andrew is going to keep his place (due to the lovely economy) but he will be visiting lots. Anyway I think for the next year I no longer can put a price on my happiness. In actuality, it is only about 7k for a year. What is that on top of a 100k? Nada!
I fell upon a fabulous opportunity today. My dad’s fiancé Lori called and asked if I would like a private duty opportunity this evening that pays 25 dollars an hour. She explained the details but all I heard was cha ching cha ching. I told her that I could come when ever she needed me and she said, “how about now?” So I got to my patient’s penthouse million dollar condo today around 11:30am. I have taken a nap, studied, watched Kite Runner, played on the internet and had dinner. Not to shabby! I am going to stay at least 24 hours and maybe more! Woo hoo! Not a bad start to spring break. I keep thinking of all the things I want to do with my “not so hard earned cash.” Actually I better be careful what I say. I don’t want it to all of sudden become “hard earned cash”. So with that being said everything has been lovely thus far and I am hoping for an uneventful evening. She is a sweetie and I am actually enjoying her company. (she is a fellow Michigander and says Pop….how can I not love her!)
Andrew’s sister and her kids are in town this week. We have had a great time and once again they are great birth control! Ha ha ha…..they are very active, talkative kids. After one temper tantrum I was even contemplating getting my tubes tied, but on our walk over to the restaurant, hand in hand, she looked up at me and said, “Marquis, I love you!” My heart melted and I was back on the baby/kid band wagon. We are thinking about doing an overnight, but they stopped by Andrew’s yesterday and they were like where are all of your toys? I asked if they wanted to color and it was their choice of pencil or pen. I think we might not be ready for an overnight. Either way we are going to take them to the water park on Monday and hopefully putt putt.
I fell upon a fabulous opportunity today. My dad’s fiancé Lori called and asked if I would like a private duty opportunity this evening that pays 25 dollars an hour. She explained the details but all I heard was cha ching cha ching. I told her that I could come when ever she needed me and she said, “how about now?” So I got to my patient’s penthouse million dollar condo today around 11:30am. I have taken a nap, studied, watched Kite Runner, played on the internet and had dinner. Not to shabby! I am going to stay at least 24 hours and maybe more! Woo hoo! Not a bad start to spring break. I keep thinking of all the things I want to do with my “not so hard earned cash.” Actually I better be careful what I say. I don’t want it to all of sudden become “hard earned cash”. So with that being said everything has been lovely thus far and I am hoping for an uneventful evening. She is a sweetie and I am actually enjoying her company. (she is a fellow Michigander and says Pop….how can I not love her!)
Andrew’s sister and her kids are in town this week. We have had a great time and once again they are great birth control! Ha ha ha…..they are very active, talkative kids. After one temper tantrum I was even contemplating getting my tubes tied, but on our walk over to the restaurant, hand in hand, she looked up at me and said, “Marquis, I love you!” My heart melted and I was back on the baby/kid band wagon. We are thinking about doing an overnight, but they stopped by Andrew’s yesterday and they were like where are all of your toys? I asked if they wanted to color and it was their choice of pencil or pen. I think we might not be ready for an overnight. Either way we are going to take them to the water park on Monday and hopefully putt putt.
I got a fabulous care package from my mom. I opened it real quick before I left for my “job”. I can’t wait to really go inspect all of my goodies. I know I got some shoes that are so cute and my feet are during the happy dance! I can’t wait to wear them!
So I am quite excited for Spring Break and I am trying not to think about the 6 weeks that are absolutely grueling. I am living in the now!
I am so excited for you Marquis. All your hard work is slowing paying off. At the end of your 5 years... you will look back and go Phew! and know it was all worth it. I am happy you have such a great support like Andrew and your family.
ReplyDelete