3:00 PM
I am taking my first break of the day in my little café called Borders. There isn’t a lot of stimulation here today. I usually have lots of people to be “jealous of”; the ones that spend their nights and weekends roaming through “my bookstore” while I am stuck in the corner studying. Today there are just a couple of old men……reading things that don’t interest me.
Monday was the first test this semester that I failed. I swear if I put ½ the time and energy into studying that I do into procrastinating about study I would be a true genius. I don’t know why I do it because it isn’t like I even have fun while I am doing it. This Saturday I dedicated to studying; skipped the gym, skipped girls day at the pool, skipped all of the other things I would want to do on a Saturday and you know I managed to avoid studying the whole day and then of course was consumed by tremendous guilt.
Back to the pharmacology exam……basically it was arguments over semantics. Supposable relatively toxic means that it is safe and a large dose is different that a toxic dose. I knew I didn’t do well but I was sure I passed and next thing you know I was marking stuff wrong left and right. I am bitter and I don’t know if studying more would have helped me do any better. Sadly, there is comfort in numbers and a lot of people did poorly. I am almost certain that we will get one question back which means I would pass! If this is the case than I think techinically that would mean my streak is still going. Either way it is a knock to my ego and my pessimistic me (the one that sits on the right shoulder) is back and whispering “sweet nothings” into my ear.
4:30PM – Second break
I can barely stay awake and this is the exact reason why I am not allowed to be unattended when studying. I have great intentions of accomplishing so much at home but it usually ends up in a nap. That is the great thing about being in public……you can’t sleep. Not that I haven’t seen some people doze off but I refuse to be one of them; purely in fear of snoring, drooling, or saying something inappropriate. 8 more powerpoints left.
I love writing. It is a great stress reliever and a great way to capture those moments that I never want to forget. I love looking back over the years and recalling memories. The bad thing is that it seems like everyone is always caught up. For instance, last week I was telling my girlfriends that I just booked a vacation…..they respond, “yeah we know.” I am like how the heck do you know?…..I just did it yesterday…..oh that is right…..I wrote about it. Back to work
6:00PM
I am almost ready to go home…….I figure I could give my mind a little break and then reevaluate my “tiredness”. I am super nervous about the test tomorrow, it is a HUGE module and I have had difficulty with this professors tests in the past. Plus I am off my rocker from Monday’s demise. Gotta start pumping myself up. I am good enough. Smart Enough and gosh darn it people like me (Saturday Night Live skit).
On a side note we are going to go camping on Keewhaydin this weekend. My classmates put it together last second. This is the last weekend we have free till the end of the semester. It should be good times! I asked Andrew about it and I got the word, “camping” out and he immediately started talking about his brand new tent and sleeping bag. I compare it to asking a dog if he wants to go for a walk. You know how you say the word walk and they start wiggling and jumping up and down and they just are jumping with pure excitement……that was Andrew. I couldn’t even get any of the other details out. Just want to clarify that I am by no means calling Andrew a dog…..just using the excitement analogy. So apparently we are all set…..we have a tent and a sleeping bag….HA!
10:57PM
Oh why oh why did I sign up for this again? I am going to go thru my 32 page review one more time and then I am hitting the hay……alarm is set for 4:30. I better pass this beast!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment