I got this idea to spend the summer in Michigan once I knew you would be here in June. Summer in Michigan is the absolute best and summer in Florida with a newborn sounded like the absolute worst. Every.single.person I mentioned my plan to said you have no idea what it is like to have a baby. You will not feel like leaving the house, let alone traveling to Michigan. I love proving people wrong and I am so thankful that your dad was on board. When you were 4 weeks old, we packed up the care and headed north. You were an absolute champ. We stopped every 3 hours to feed you. You pretty much would give a courtesy grunt and that’s when we knew you were waking up and we had about ten minutes to find a place to pull over to feed you. As long as we stopped in time you were a peach. The first night we stopped at Aunt Starrs in Chattanooga for the night. The next day we met your Great Grandma Tays and then my cousin Natalie. After we went to downtown Nashville and had dinner. I think at this point we were still running on adrenaline. The next day we took our time getting ready and drove to Ohio. We didn’t read all the fine print and didn’t realize that we needed your birth certificate to get on the insurance. When we got to Ohio we stopped at a hotel and you were having none of it. We couldn’t keep you happy and you screamed and screamed. We felt bad for you and of course the neighbors in the hotel. Natalie gave us Windi’s and your dad went out at 1am to Walmart to buy Vaseline. He came back to the hotel and it wasn’t successful. At this point we thought maybe we shouldn’t have left home. The next day was 4th of July and we made it to south Lyon. You met your Pop Pop and got to see your Mimi again. It was so nice being around family and to summer up north.
It’s amazing what a baby does. It has opened my eyes and made me realize the importance of family. It has helped me appreciate my mom and even my mother in law.
No comments:
Post a Comment