Its funny how a four legged fur baby can come into your when you least expect it or really even want it and then the next thing you know they have created such a big part in your life, you can't imagine life without them. I remember when Shotzie showed up at our condo complex 1/2006. I thought to myself that she was a cute little girl but what a big commitment. I legit googled cat life expectancy and it was 15+ years. I was barely able to take care of myself and now I found myself responsible for another life. And just like that Shotzie became part of my life and then Andrews. She has brought us so much joy and many nights of serious frustration. Somehow I think she might be preparing us for the future. She despises sleep during the hours of 12-8am. We noticed that she was losing weight, not eating much and drinking a lot of water. Surely the telltale sign of cancer right? My gut instinct was right. The vet took blood and found that her liver enzymes were elevated. She underwent liver bx which in hindsight was crazy. We should have just saved her the stress and pain of the bx, especially since we knew she was going to decline chemo and opt for no heroic measures. She took about two months of steroids and decided she had enough of that. Our main goal was to make her as happy as possible and forcing her to take a pill every night was going against that. We have created a bucket list for her and she is crossing things off left and right.
- go for walk around neighborhood
- go out on the water
- sleep inside every night
- unlimited amount of water (bought a water fountain)
- pretty much do what ever she wants. lots of time spent outside, in garage, on lanai, treats, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment