
Lawn Work
We skipped putting down mulch last year and the year before we paid to have the mulch laid. This year we decided to save couple hundred dollars and do it ourselves. We loaded up the ole mini van with 75 bags of mulch and low rided all the way home. It took us the good part of the day but we were quite proud of our hard work. It is amazing what some fresh much can do to curb appeal.
YOGA Right at the change of season the Hyatt had "yoga in the lawn". More times than I would like to admit I take for granted all the beauty that is around me. I always thought it was funny when my cousins from Arizona came to visit us in Michigan. They were mesmerized by all the trees and we would stop on the side of the road just for them to look at the trees. Until that summer, I never thought anything about all the trees or the lake we grew up on. I took it all for granted as I became so desensitized to my surroundings. Sadly, that is what has happened in Florida as well. Sometimes I see the beauty in the pictures, or a lot of the time through our visitors eyes. Any who, during the yoga on the lawn I looked around and was in awe. What a beautiful, amazing experience.
My old yoga studio sent an email that my all time favorite yoga teacher was coming back to Ft. Myers. When she was here in 2016 it was the start of my transformation of letting all the negative shit go. She is just so amazing and life changing. This time she taught at a non kill farm in Ft. Myers. It had such great energy.
Project
We finally finished our picture wall that took approximately 1.5 years to complete but who is counting. I am a very indecisive person and Andrew is what one might describe as a perfectionist. Add those two qualities together and it takes forever to get anything accomplished. One year ago, Andrew cut out little miniature cardboard pieces to scale to determine position on wall. Based on that, he realized we didn't have enough stuff. So we set out to find a couple more pieces. Like I said, painful process. Despite the pain, I love the outcome!




No comments:
Post a Comment