Meet Penny Pease. Brittany and I went for a walk one night and saw this cute little kitten roaming around. She was super friendly and looked hungry. We brought her to her house and her husband said no. Lucky for me, my husband was out of town hunting. I brought her to my house and Shotzie said hells to the no. I sent a snapchat video to Andrew and it started with the cute little kitten at Brittany's house. Andrew thought to himself that he couldn't believe that Brittany would get another cat. Fast forward 20 more minutes to the next video where he saw the kitten, recognized our floors and said oh hells to the no. It happened to be a really cold night so I kept her in the laundry room and then the next day I put her on lanai and left the door open. When I got home from work she was still there. Its totally my signature cat stealing move. We put a post on our community Facebook and noticed there was a post of someone finding her a week earlier. Shotzie and Penny tolerated each other and when Andrew got home he was indifferent. Lucky for Penny, over a couple days she was able to win him right over.
I initially thought Penny was a he and named him Chester. I got that whole 99% of calico's are females thing backwards. I thought they were all males. The vet was nice enough to point out my mistake. I was home the next night after the whole sex mix up and someone knocked on the door. My sister opened the door and the girl pretty much walked in like she owned the place. I thought she was coming to claim the kitty. She comes in the kitchen and says, "I am here to babysit." We were all perplexed. I said, "ummm we don't have any kids." She was super embarrassed and realized she was at the wrong house. She was so fluster she had her wallet with her and all the change flew out on to the floor. She just left it all and hightailed out the door. She left behind a bunch of pennies. Hence the LONG version of how Penny Pease became to be. She is legit loving life. She doesn't scratch the furniture, doesn't jump on counters, lets us sleep at night, doesn't try to run outside. Her only downfall is she loves nibbling on toes, especially in the middle of the night and she pesters Shotzie.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment