Here I Go

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Safety First

Wedding
Last weekend one of my girlfriends got married up in Tampa.  My girlfriends, Andrew and I shared a hotel room.  Or that was the way it was supposed to be.  After the wedding we lost Andrew.  He said he didn't feel good and then he went on his merry old way.  I wasn't too concerned and figured he would find his way back eventually.  I asked a couple of times if anyone saw Andrew and each time they said no.  Around 3am someone came into our room and said, "can someone come identify the stranger in our room?"  You guessed it.....Andrew made his way in a hotel room about 5 rooms down from us.  He didn't know who the guys were but decided their bed was comfortable.  We tried to wake him but he was assed out passed out.  Kyle and I finally woke him enough to enrage the angry Andrew.  We felt like we were wrestling an alligator.  I had this great idea to kick him off the bed.  Well lets just say Andrew won.  After that we decided to let him be and the guys that were supposed to be in that hotel ended up sleeping three deep in our hotel.  He did the walk of shame around 6am and lets just say his knocks to get in the room were unheard by me!



Safety First
This weekend Kyle and her golden retriever Zona came down to visit.  We decided to go on the boat and planned on going to the dog beach.  As we were approaching the dog park Andrew asked me to get the anchor ready.  As I was on the bow of the boat Zona decided to come up there and next thing you know he jumped off the moving boat and then the boat proceeded to run over him.  Luckily Andrews reflexes were much better than mine and he was able to shut off the motor before Zona was chopped to a million dog pieces.  Kyle jumped off in hope of saving Zona with her camera strapped to her arm.  Kyles life line is her camera which is the reason why we have amazing photos at every event we go to.  Well she tried to throw it back to the boat but she had her safety strap on. I was on deck ready to give the camera CPR but unfortunately my efforts were hopeless.  Another one of Kyles cameras bit the dust.  The good news is Zona made it.  He was terrified and it took a good twenty minutes to get him back in the boat.  Definitely a story that I will never forget.  When we finally did pull up to the dog beach it took a lot of convincing to get him off of the boat.


Antisocial
We went out last week with a friend from my work and he was talking about how he doesn't like to talk when he goes to the airport. I thought that was strange but Andrew agreed that he was the same way.  I thought long and hard to find when I had my antisocial moments and mine is at the gym. Every week I go to the same classes and really don't have any gym friends.  I love just sneaking in, stretching and not talking to a single sole.  I guess the airport thing really isn't that weird.

Yoga
So I am addicted to Yoga.  Love love love it.  And what better way to feed my addiction than to have a studio right across from my work.  Tomorrow if I get brave I am going to go to a class at 11am.  If I see all of the new patients and potential discharges I should be able to finagle it without anybody really missing me.  Last week I went to the classes at 6pm and then finished rounding with my doctor at 7pm.  It worked out perfect.  Today I went to a class and it was a little out of my comfort zone.  For petes sake we were flapping like birds.  YES birds!


Meditation
So last week when I went to a class I was so stressed.  I sort of left work with my feathers all ruffled (guess flying makes sense) and all I could think about was work.  At the end of the class the instructor read an excerpt from a book called Journey to the Heart by Melody Beattie.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie. 

And with that phrase the whole world made sense.  Even if it was just a couple of minutes.  My breathing was a little easier, my mind was a little clearer and I felt a little lighter.  I vowed to honor gratitude and give it the recognition it deserves.  It is amazing how something so simple can be so powerful.  At least it has that effect on me. And that is why I love yoga!  


Fathers Day
My dad and Lori came up to our house for Fathers day.  A couple of weeks ago Andrew and I went to downtown Fort Myers and fell upon a place called Fords Garage.  Lets just say I was very apprehensive about going into anything called FORD but once I was sure they weren't affiliated with the real FORD we went inside. The place was awesome and decorated to a T.  I sent a bunch of pictures to my dad and he has had mind set on it ever since.  He looked at the menu and even knew what type of burger he wanted.  So they met us at our house and we all made the trek to downtown Ft. Myers.  Wouldn't you know that it is closed on Sundays.  You would think with all of the research one would check the hours.  Ha ha ha. We had a nice chuckle and went to our second choice.......Iguana Mia.  I think we are going to try and go again sometime this week.....not on a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment