Here I Go

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Did It!!!!!

I not only participated in the 26th Annual Naples Sprint Triathlon.......I also completed it.  I did not train as much as I should have.  This was the first time I ever ran 3 miles, rode on a road bike and pretty much the second time I swam.  I lost a lot of time during the swim and it took a lot of convincing myself to push through.  The water was so rough and my doggy paddle skills didn't turn out to be as strong as I had hoped.  Either way it was a goal that I set out to do and I did it.  Will I do it next year?  Only time will tell.....I actually enjoyed myself and if I could learn how to swim I think I would really like it. 

"Damn me and my goals."




 This is pre-race......Don't you love how the ambulance is right behind me?  Definitely appropriate!

I was number 224 out of 976 racers.  We wore our "age" on our calf.  It was great when all of the "old people"  were passing me and I could verify their age.  It was very humbling to have 65 year olds blow me out of the water.

 I was waving to my cheering section.

My sweet rented bike.  




Running to the swim 




                                The Gulf

 My Girlfriend from the hospital

 
My friend Dave. He finished in 1 hour and 12 minutes.  How do you spell impressive?


                                   My fan club


                             Beautiful Naples
                                                                          I did it!!!
 


Completing a triathlon can officially be crossed off my bucket list!  Woo hoo!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment