Happehatchee- "Happy River"
Last week I decided to try out the yoga class at Happehatchee. There aren't many places like this in the area. Most of the land around these parts have shopping centers, buildings, roads, etc. Happehatchee is a very unique place right off one of the major roads. I found it online while searching for yoga studios around the area. I have asked around and haven't heard to much about Happehatchee so I didn't have to many expectations. You barely can see the place from the road and this is what I turned into.

I was pretty nervous about what was awaiting me at the end of the road. I drove down this winding road and passed a couple of shacks where they keep previous girls that attended previous yoga classes. As I approached the end of the road I saw a ax murderer hippie, crunchy granola type guy. I got out of my car and asked where the yoga class and he said, "up the stairs and over the bridge and you will see the studio." I was trying to take in the whole experience but all I could think of was this is where it was all going to end. I really need to stop watching horror movies. So I wanted to run but I pushed through and went up the stairs.
and then over the hanging bridge
Through the woods
To the Yoga studio
I tried to take in all of the scenery and be one with my chi but I am not going to lie my heart was pounding. I waited and waited and no one showed up to the class. I heard some footsteps over the bridge and
ax murderer hippie guy told me that the class was canceled. He showed me around a bit and we went back over the bridge. I had my cell phone in my pocket ready to call for help if needed. Thankfully I made it back to my car unscathed. I probably would go back to ole Happehatchee. The whole concept seems really cool. They have fresh vegetables, eggs, honey etc for sale. I was even invited to go to the Friday night drum circle but declined....that still is a little to far out of my comfort zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment