Here I Go

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Snarky

Snarky
  • Sorry for my snarky posts lately.  I guess I have been in a rather snarky mood.  Maybe it is the weather, or something in the water, or maybe I am just a snarky individual.  It could also be that whole car thing  Either way I have been snarky.....I would like to tell you that I will try tone it down a bit but at this point I can't make such promises.  
July
  • July has come and gone.  We have been on the go the whole month.  The last couple of weeks has been at the beck and call of other peoples schedules.  This is fine and dandy but now I am tired and have decided that I am taking the month of August back.  I am going to do things I want to do,  hang out with people I want to hang out with and maybe just relax a bit.....on my own terms.
Lorraine the Lemon
  • The explorer has been officially named.  It is much better than the piece of sh*t, bleepity, bleep, bleep that I have been calling her.  I have been given a date when to bring my car in which happens to be August 9th at 10am.  I get to take another half day of work and meet the specialized service engineer and discuss my problems.  He has even requested to drive with me so he can actually attempt to duplicate the problem.  I told the girl in the nicest way possible that the problem is pretty self explanatory and the cars system doesn't work and hasn't since July 4th.  She said well he wants to see for himself.    If by some miracle they fix the car, me and Lorraine will have to seek some serious counseling to work out our problems.  I think after the proper amount of time it could be done.  Now lets say if she doesn't get fixed I will happily say good riddance to the pos, bleepity bleep bleep Lemon. 
Living Amongst Vacationers
  • We spent the last 10 days with the in laws and before that we were in NY hanging out.  We have had lots of family time.  It has been a blast minus that little thing, they were on vacation and I had to work.  If I had to hear how much they love vacation one more time I may have flown the coo coo's nest.   Overall I was just extremely jealous.  It doesn't help the fact that the week they were here just happened to be one of the busiest weeks I have ever had at work.  We covered for the other doctor at one of our hospitals which equates covering all of the hospital patients.  We were up to 30 patients, plus 9 at the other hospital and 20 in the office. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and trying to make time to hang out.  3 nights I got out around 9 pm, the other nights I would try and meet up with them for dinner.  I am exhausted and all of my chores are neglected.  I didn't have coffee last week, no snacks, can't get into the garage because the battery died and the poor kitty litter box was horrendous.   Starting tomorrow I am back on track and it will be the first time I eat at home in about a month. 
Kitty
  • Speaking of horrendous........ hopefully our parenting skills are better than our taking care of shotzie skills.  Last week I texted Andrew to see if he got his award yet?  You know.......the worst parent of the year award, mine was waiting for me.  We happened to leave shotzie outside (on the lanai) for 10+ hours, without food or water and with a stinky crapper. Poor kitty.  Now we love love love our kitty and she loves us but sometimes we need to step up our parenting skills.  In our defense; Shotzie is a high maintenance cat and refuses to eat any food that is left on the lanai.  I think the humidity gets it moist and then she won't eat it no matter how hungry she is.  As far as water is concerned she will only drink water that comes directly out of the faucet while it is moving  And as far as heat is concerned she loves hanging out on the lanai and doesn't seem to be fazed by the heat.  But we should have left her some emergency water just in case she wanted to break down and drink "regular" water.  There probably wasn't much of an excuse about her litter box.  We will try harder.....please don't turn us in.

Stay at home Husband
  • I think Andrew is campaigning to be a stay at home husband.  I am not going to lie I could probably be the primary breadwinner if him staying home today was anything like what would be in store for the future.  Today he did all of the laundry, cleaned Lorraine (the lemon), took his parents to the airport, picked up friends from airport, made the bed, grocery shopped, caulked the shower and made a delicious dinner which included grilled chicken and vegetables.  If he could carry and birth our future children I would be sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment