Good day to be a duck
Lately it seems like it would be good to be a duck. We have had a lot of rain and it has been putting a hiccup on any attempts at boating. I don't mind a good rain day......one rain day not three or four or five or six. It seems like every time I want to go somewhere it is raining.
Sickling
Poor Peasy woke up with the flu and I am not talking about the brown bag flu. He has been quarantined to the upstairs. No one likes the flu, but I despise it and once I am around a 'sick contact' that is all I can think about......when I am going to get it. No matter how hard you try not to catch it there is a 98% chance that it is coming. I would rather just get sick now than anticipate when it is going to make its appearance. Instead my day has been spent disinfecting the downstairs and worrying about make believe symptoms and you know for the next week every time I have a pain in my stomach or a wave of nausea I am going to think it is the start of the flu. But back to my husband......I feel bad for the poor guy and I am being very supportive from a distance. I show him the same kind of sympathy that I would like to be shown. Be on Gatorade duty from a far.
Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting
Last week I had a moment and responded instead of reacted. I was told that we had plans to hang out with some friends but didn't know if dinner was going to be part of it or not. So meanwhile I was starving and my sweetie wasn't responding to my texts and then the time we were supposed to meet came and went and he still wasn't home. So instead of having my anger over sub par communication ruin my evening I went and fed my goldfish and went to Barnes and Noble. I was perusing through the different sections and came across the book, "Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting." I read a couple of chapters and decided the book was speaking directly to me. I bought it and hopefully over the next couple of days I will have a new refreshed outlook on life.
Interview
Hubby had two interviews this last week. One was an insulting offer (low salary- 56 hour work week) and the other has potential. I keep telling him this is the time to do w hat you really want to do......our bills our minimal, no one else to think about besides our self and we aren't counting on a salary already. It would be really hard to start your own business, switch careers, or go to school if you had to leave a job and a salary. Now you don't have one so if any of those options above float your boat this is the time to do it......at least that is what i think.
When the doctor is away the PA will play
My doctor was out of town last week. It was another heavenly week. I worked approximately 4 hours a day and was able to go to my own appointments and catch up on all of the things I wanted to do. I am refreshed and now I am actually looking forward to working tomorrow. The other PA is supposed to be coming back to work at the end of the month. It will be nice in season when we are really busy but right now it is going to tough finding hours. We are both salary so we will see how that goes.
Venous Insufficiency
The risk factors for vericose veins include obesity, sedentary lifestyle, someone who stands/sits for long periods of time and a family history. I do not have any of these things and yet I have been blessed with vericose veins. The older I get the worse it is becoming. Depending on how much I am on my feet depends on how bad my legs ache and cramp throughout the night. I have compression stockings that I used to wear on a regular basis. With all that being said I finally went the doctor to see what my options were. I know that when I get pregnant they will look a little something like this
My main question was if it should be fixed now or after I have kids. I had an ultrasound done on my leg and my great saphenous vein is refluxing. Back in the day the only option for treatment of vericose veins was with vein stripping, now there is endovenous laser therapy which has been shown to have excellent results and a low rate of complications. I have very very very crappy insurance so I have to see how much this is going to cost me out of pocket. It is a little for vanity reason and a lot for cramping and pain that I have nightly. Plus the valve is leaking and it is just going to continue to get worse.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment