Here I Go

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The infamous question

I have already been warned that as soon as you are married the infamous question of when you are going to have kids comes up. We have already had the pleasure of people asking us so you think you are going to have kids right away? When I was asked this question I had to stop myself from looking behind me....she couldn't possibly be talking to me. I guess in my head I am way to young to have kids. I mean I am only 29......which sounds ridiculous I know that is way old enough to have kids. But I really have a hard time viewing myself as an "adult". Sometimes I think I am a kid trapped in a grown ups body. I have all kinds of grown up responsibilities; house payment, a 4 legged kid, an almost career but I still have a hard time picturing myself as an "adult".

It is crazy. My dad once told me that he never felt as old as he actually was. I guess as he was aging he stopped in his 20's. He said the only time he felt any different was when he looked at himself in pictures. I guess that is how I feel. I am trapped in my early 20's. Maybe it is because I am still in school so I feel like a "transient college kid". Maybe when I have a real job, paycheck, 401k, married I will feel like an "adult".

I can't wait for the day that I feel grown up enough to take care of another human being. Can't wait for the day to have a baby but until then I will continue to water ski, build pyramids, do stupid human tricks and continue to live as a carefree whippersnapper with my future hubby. Below are some of my pictures from that last couple of months.










1 comment:

  1. Marquis! I 100% can relate. I used to think the exact thing when someone would ask me the infamous question even before married!!!! Be prepared for a 1000 more, he he. This person can't be asking me, what the heck, kids, when you still feel like a kid yourself?? The second I heard the lil beans heartbeat EVERYTHING changed for me. I have a new purpose in life as a woman. I still feel like a kid which I think is good, but in different mom-like responsible way ;) In the meantime enjoy living in up being the Bride To Be, whipper snapper, back flippin girl that you are!!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete