Please forgive me if you have already heard or read any of this before. I can’t remember who I told or where I wrote about it.
Two years ago on July 4th I met my sweetie. Timing was completely wrong. I just started PA school 4 weeks prior, just ended a 7 year relationship and just vowed to concentrate completely on myself and school. And then I met Andrew. I knew that first night. It really feels like just yesterday. I still remember every emotion, every feeling, every smile, and every laugh. I guess it is true what they say, “you find love when you least expect it.” It was all hard for me to grasp, hard to admit, hard to imagine because I think I am a very practical person and how does a practical person think about this stuff the first time they meet someone? How could one person be so excited about what the future entailed by just meeting someone? All I knew was that even before having a real conversation with Andrew my life flashed forward and I saw him interacting with our guests, our family, kids, etc. Pretty deep stuff for such a practical person.
I can honestly say I have never felt like that before. People always said you would know when you found the right person. I always thought to myself yeah right…..I can’t even feel comfortable buying the right loaf of bread let alone knowing when I wanted to spend my whole life with someone. They were right. You will know when you meet the right person…..or at least I did.
That first night we stayed up all night long and talked. We drank coffee and watched the sun come up over the bay. Who would have known that would have been our first of many. Who would have known we would be engaged all because of a good friend and the 4th of July party. Life has a pretty funny way of working itself out. I could describe every detail of that night and every night after that. I still remember our first official date and second, third, fourth and so on. I never want to forget those feelings because I know that as life goes on people tend to forget. I never want to fall out of love or forget what it was like to fall in love.
In our two years it hasn’t always been easy. It was hard starting a relationship in PA school, hard entering a relationship knowing I just left one, hard figuring out each others quirks. It was all so worth it and I wouldn’t change anything. I am so excited to marry my sweetie. So excited to say, “I do” and so excited to start the next chapter and every chapter after that.
Here are some experts from our wedding blog. I figured I should save them on this blog too. Here goes:
ur Story
Her Story
I was invited to a 4th of July beach party by one of my best friends. She "booked" me for the party a month in advance and mentioned that there was a guy that she wanted to introduce to me. When I got to the party Andrew was busy being the "host with the most". As I watched him from a far interact with all of his guests my heart pitter pattered and I knew at that moment I was going to marry him.
Later that night I helped clean up and do the dishes and we finally had the chance to talk. The more we talked.....the more I liked him. We slept in separate twin beds (same room) and talked each others ears off. After we realized sleep was not going to be a possibility we sat on the porch, drank coffee and watched the sun come up. We have been inseparable ever since and I have never been more happy about "being right!"
His Story
As Marquis stated above we met at a 4th of July BBQ that I was hosting. A mutual friend had mentioned that her friend Marquis was coming… I was very excited to get to meet her and as I was walking around the corner pulling a cooler I proceeded to spill the entire cooler of ice and beer out onto the floor. As I looked up guess who is standing next to the elevator to go up….Marquis. We said our hellos and nice to meet you. Being the host I was very busy and didn’t get much time to talk with her. As the night went on and the crowd got smaller I finally got some alone time with her. Marquis volunteered to help me do the dishes, after a few hundred dishes and a baby spoon proposal we made our way into separate twin beds, as we talked and talked my heart knew that she was going to be someone special. We sat and watched the sun come up over the water as we drank coffee and I held her in my arms. 1 year, 3 months, and 23 days later in that same spot I got down on one knee and asked the women of my dreams to be my wife……… Here we are!
He asked and I said Yes
AKA The Engagement
On Thanksgiving Andrew asked to meet at the beach so we could ride down to Naples together......I vetoed that idea since we both had to work the next day. He said he didn't want to push the idea and make me suspicious so he dropped it.
Friday he came home and said I have some bad news......I got a call from the managers at the beach house and there is a water leak so we have to go check it out tonight. So we went shopping and then eventually made our way down there. We walked in and we both start flushing toilets and inspecting the shower, ceiling and all the crevices for a water leak. I was in the kitchen and he said, "come look at this." I walked to the back of the condo and I saw that the door was open to the balcony. I peeked my head around the corner and there he was with flowers, champagne and of course the ring. He got down on one knee and said "this is where it all started.....will you marry me."
I love his side of the story. He says I walked out there, saw what was going on, chin hit the floor and wouldn't take any more steps. It is all a blur. To be honest I don't remember him even asking will you marry me, but he insists he did. He says he had a big speech but he barely got out a couple of words.
I am still in awe. I can't take my eyes off my hand.....it is beautiful. And somewhere along the way I have developed a french accent every time I say the word "fiance
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment