Here I Go

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

School

Last week we had the chance to scrub in for "pretend surgery" at Physicians Regional Medical. It was an awesome experience! We practiced sterile techniques, gowning and gloving and also did a laproscopy surgery on a dummy. It was fun to get a preview of what lies ahead for the upcoming year. Surgery is one of our six mandatory rotations.




Breaking the sterile rules


Fiberoptic nasophyaryngoscopy-
One of my professors was kind enough to volunteer her "nose".....59 times

I think this was the first weekend since I have met Andrew that he had both Saturday and Sunday off (minus our trips). Plus, this was the first time in over a month that he hasn't had to work the whole weekend. Saturday we spent the day at the waterpark and Sunday we spent the day out on the boat. Life is good! It was great living like normal people and making the most of our time off together.

Superman



It is a lot scarier than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment