Here I Go

Monday, July 20, 2009

Big M Casino

If you are from these neck of the woods, I am sure you are familiar with the annoying jingle....."Big M Casino". Last weekend we boarded the big boat, sailed out to the gulf and gambled with lots of old people. The black jack dealer even asked if it was teen night. Ha ha....I guess the thing about living amongst old people is that the young.............look really young. I told him that we were there for my girlfriends birthday and he asked if it was her 21st. I am a good 7 years past that but thanks for the compliment. It was a great thing to do on a Friday night.

A couple of weeks ago Andrew and I decided that we were going to officially move in together. Originally we decided to live in Naples but after much procrastination from a certain individual (Andrew) I decided that I would give up my condo (rent it out to a reliable person) and make the trek to Ft. Myers. Andrew lives in a bigger, newer house and it would be harder to rent out his place versus mine. Of course this isn't the ideal situation but we are to trying to make the situation "ideal". We got excited about adding upgrades to his place and not having to live out of suitcases or in my case laundry baskets. Oh to have all of our stuff in one place, not traveling back and forth and being able to buy groceries for more than 4 days would be just so magnificent.

So everything was set in place for the big move and then someone got cold feet. Ha ha well maybe not so much cold feet........I honestly can't wait to move in together but I had more of an epiphany. I had the chance to stay home alone one night (at Andrews) and without so much homework I got really bored. I thought that maybe I should go to my gym (21 miles away), visit my Grams (38 miles away), go visit my Dad (37 miles away), go watch sunset (I don't think there is water around here), etc. All of my familiarity and why I moved to Florida is located in Naples. For most, a little bit of a drive isn't too big of a deal but my veger (car) is getting old and it is hard changing your mindset when you have a place located in the middle of all of that. Not to mention that when I filled out my paperwork for rotations I chose Naples. My luck all of my rotations will be located in downtown Naples (41 miles away).

I never really thought about this stuff because my counterpart (Andrew) has been home a lot and we drive down there or just "keep busy". But I know what lies ahead............. Andrew works all of the time during season (7am-7pm) and that was great when I was in school and had to study every night and on the weekends but some rotations are (3) 12 hour shifts, which makes for a lot of free time.

The things that we go back and forth on a daily basis are:
A- We spend every night together so it is just insane to have two full house payments
B- We are going to have to make a decision at some point
C- We have 2 places that neither one of us really wants, yet can't really seem to let go (can't sell)
D- Neither one of us really wants to deal with the hassle of renting our places
E- It is hard making a decision that will ultimately affect our future

Basically we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
So that brings us to it has worked this long, we are just going to continue to go with the flow till I find out where my rotations are located and then go over all of the pro's and con's AGAIN. Hopefully we can make a decision at some point and stop living out of laundry baskets!!!

1 comment:

  1. Everything will work out for the best... "all good things, come to those who wait!".

    ReplyDelete