My dad watching shotzie was contingent upon us watching my "sister". We have one of those weird families where we inist on calling pets as family members. Hence, zoomie being my sister. For some reason I don't think it was a very fair trade. For starters......day 1 started off with me going to school and coming back 3 hours later to find poo on the floor, than when I scolded her she peed. When they say fight like cats and dogs they aren't kidding. I caught myself a few times yelling at them and then day dreaming to me yelling at my own future kids. "Knock it off you two, leave her alone, etc." I also have a new found appreciation for my mom always calling me Allyson. I have found myself meaning to yell at Zoomie and saying Shotzie and vice versa.
Shotzie is an only child and has made it quite clear that she doesn't like sharing attention to this new four legged friend. At one point, Zoomie was sitting on the couch with me, minding her own business when Shotzie started growling and then just started beating the tar out of her. She clearly didn't like the fact that Zoomie was on her couch and near her mom.
The not so happy duo
This experience is a nice reminder of why we are cat people. We like dogs, just don't care to have one.....especially in the situation we are in. You have to feed, walk, let them out, plan your day around and play with them. Much of the weekend was spent around what we do with Zoomie if we go here, how we get her to point A to point B, who is going to let her out etc. As far as dogs are concerned she is pretty spectacular; she sleeps in, doesn't bark, is pretty lazy and if you don't mind having a second shadow than she is good to go.
Never too far from where we are
Loving life
Hood ornament
Zoomie likes to be in the water but thinks that whole swimming thing is overrated. Why paddle when your sister will hold you?
I took the veger (Avenger-car) in to get washed and waxed. I swear her self esteem went up and she now runs and drives better. LOL..... I am sure it is all in my head but she seems to purr as we drive down the expressway and of course in my eyes she looks brand new (minus the door handle, missing letters and rust).I drove my dads van to school one day and I went my average speed (80) and I can't begin to tell you how many times I was passed. I think people may have a stigma of a mini van going faster then them. It was bizarre to be passed so many times. Guess no one took lightly to the fact that a mini van packs some power.
No comments:
Post a Comment