
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
The joys of open windows Current mood: rejuvenated
It might be hard to hear coming out of my mouth but I love winter! This is why I moved down here....for the perfect weather. No more rain, mosquitos, no see-ums, hurricanes, and hotter than hell heat. 4 months of pain for 8 months of perfect weather. We now have the windows open and no longer live in a "cave". Poor shotzie is still adjusting to the light....it has been a few months since she has looked outside. Needless to say she is happy as a lark laying on the lani all day and so are we sleeping with the windows open. No more air conditioning for 8 months. So my Northern friends I have been jealous of you all summer and even a little homesick. Bonfires, Michigan lakes, cider mills, apple picking, pumpkins, leaves changing color, but all of that is a thing of the past and you have the dreadful 7 months of winter ahead of you. So this is the last time I will pubicly announce the joy I feel everytime I check the weather channel and see it is freezing. With that being said I hear it is going to snow this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment