Yelp I think it is about time I consult hospice for my plants. Yup.....they lasted about a whole three weeks. I keep looking up reasons on why my plants are dying. It doesn't help that every one says "hardy plant, virtually hard to kill, etc." I would like to say challenge accepted. Plants=3 Me=0
Clearwater vs Siesta Key
Apparently these places are not the same place. I am so oblivious to my surroundings. Last weekend we were in Siesta Key which happens to be one of the top beaches in the US not Clearwater. My bad.
Phone Saga Continued
Ever since I have had a "real" phone I have been a pretty responsible person. Emphasis is on past tense. Andrew and I in the last two months have had a hell of a time keeping our phones dry, intact and in our possession. He went swimming with his phone and then borrowed a friends phone. A week later he set the phone on a shelf and it tumbled off and shattered the front screen. Thankfully it still works. He is not eligible for a new phone until July. On Saturday I just had to take my phone into the restaurant to capture pictures of sunset. No big deal right? Wrong! We were in the boat and we had to wade thru the water to get to the beach. I held my phone over my head and made it to the beach with all important objects dry. Fast forward to after dinner. It was pitch black out and getting chilly. Some how we thought it would be a good idea to go on Andrews shoulders. I tried to hop on from the beach but he couldn't stand up. So he says there is a jet ski out there, stand on that and you can go on my shoulders from there. I had his wallet, our sunglasses, phone and clothes in my hand. I got on the jet-ski, put one leg over his shoulder and uttered the famous last words "you better not drop me." I swear at that point he bucked me off his shoulders and under water I went! It was a long cold ride back to the condo. I put my phone in rice but no such luck. Thankfully I have the apple plan and was able to be back in business 12 hours later. And guess what? The sunset photos that I had to capture weren't on there. Another expensive lesson.
Fridge
Our fridge also needs a hospice consult. It was making some really loud noises and then after opening the door 23 times to make sure the food stayed cold we were convinced it wasn't. We took all of the food out and put it in the fridge in the garage and now it seems like the couple things we left in there are still frozen/cold. We are in a little conundrum because Peasy thinks we should buy ALL new appliances and I think we should just replace the fridge. We would really like stainless steel but all of our other stuff is beige. We shall see who wins this battle!
Well Played
I went out of my way to find Shotzie last night and put her on the lanai before bed. I always regret leaving her inside right around 4:30am when she starts tapping on my bedroom door. So on my watch (Andrew is out of town) I bypass all that nonsense and put her outside This morning I woke up and let her in. She was on the lani for 9 hours top which translates to without food for that amount of time. We keep her food inside because she won't eat it if it has been sitting outside. So she comes in and gobbles up her food like a fat girl eating cake. She then proceeded to come in my nice and cozy bed and puked all over. Well played Shotzie, well played. I got her message loud and clear. It would have been a lot less work getting up at 4:30am to let her outside. Instead my comforter is still soaking in the washer.
Chronically Cranky
I have been chronically cranky. For the most part I feel like I am pretty mild mannered person but not lately. I feel like I am on the verge of going postal. It is horrible feeling. Every morning I wake up and say this is going to be a good day. I am not going to let the events of the day get to me. I am not going to utter the words I am "so annoyed" or swear. And every single day by 10am I have failed miserably. Two weeks ago they switched the hospital from paper charts to electronic charts. I knew it was going to be difficult but I had no idea how bad it was really going to be. The doctor I work for is completely computer illiterate and chooses to not understand how it works. So daily it is a fight and like talking to a broken record. Ground hogs day anyone? Plus there are all the other people that haven't really bought into the whole system. I am hoping that week 3 will be better. Hopefully I am catching a glimpse of a light at the end of the tunnel. I refuse to live like this. It is horrible being so ornery and I know that I am responsible for my attitude. I think that makes it that much harder. I am allowing myself to feel like this day after day.
Rental
Only Andrew would get a Range Rover for a rental car. His car needed some type of work done on it and thankfully he has an extended warranty. I was pretty excited when he drove up in this car. Every time I have ever needed a car I get one that could easily be mistaken for a roller skate. My personal favorite was the one where the governor would come on going faster than 72mph and the radio would only work if you had your seat belt on. Any who he has been sporting the evoque for the last two weeks. It is sharp and super fast!


No comments:
Post a Comment