Here I Go

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Naples Triathlon 2013

The crowd favorite was........



Clearly I would beat the competition right?  I ran a consistent 5k, went to spin class, lifted weights. 


The competition and the winner.................


Andrew-  122 minutes
Me-         128 minutes
It was a great day for a race.  For the last week I kept saying I will never do this again.  Even during the race I kept thinking this is for the birds.  And then I crossed the finish line and I immediately started making plans for next year.  Crossing the finish line is exhilarating. Actually the whole race is inspiring.  I would like to think that I am in half way decent shape but these people are uber fit.  It is extremely humbling being passed by 50, 60, 65, 70 year olds that started 2-4 minutes after me.   I am so proud of Andrew.  He amazes me.  When he puts his mind to something he does it!

Our friends that did the race and equally kicked ass!


No comments:

Post a Comment