We went to the Darius Rucker concert with Andrew's old boss on Thursday. These were the same people that we went to the Zac Brown concert with. The concert was fine and dandy. Towards the end of the night Andrew went and refreshed our drinks. He came back and handed me my vodka and cranberry. Except it didn't taste like cranberry and vodka.....Andrew insisted it was. Then I made him take a sip and I said are you sure? Him- "yeah it takes like rum. They must have made the wrong drink." I walked ALL the way back to the bar and said, "excuse me, I think you made me the wrong drink. My husband ordered a vodka and cranberry and this is rum and cranberry." They said no.......we haven't had any orders of vodka in a long time. Where is your husband? So I walk ALL the way back to our seats and I say Andrew they want to see you. And guess what Andrew says???? "Oh yeah he chuckles........... I ordered you rum and cranberry they were out of vodka" Pretty sure my head spun around twice and maybe spit a little bit of fire. "YOU WHAT??? ORDERED ME RUM AND CRANBERRY and are laughing??? I walked all the way back and pretty much and blamed them for making me a wrong drink that YOU ordered that way. He is lucky he had a ride home.

zzzzzzzz
This weekend we had absolutely no plans, no obligations, no activities scheduled. I think our neighbors were shocked to see us at home. I would venture to say that this was the first time we were ever home on a Saturday. In the morning we ran some errands....home depot, lowes.....unfortunately we didn't have time to go to Bed Bath and Beyond (name that movie reference). We planted a little herb garden and worked on a couple of projects. Definitely not the most exciting weekend on the ole fun meter. Saturday night we went to dinner with my parents.

Mothers Day
Since we didn't have our mothers around we asked Great Aunt Katherine to dinner. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. We had a great little dinner at Seasons 52.


This is an event she went to in Washington DC. She is in the hot pink.
Almost there
Ran 3.1 miles tonight. Felt like a champ. First 1/4 mile was the worst. By the time I got to mile 1.8, I convinced myself to go another 1+. Feel amazing. Even last year in race I stopped for a couple seconds to catch my breath. I am going to rock it this year.

Do you know who I am (not in that kind of way)?
Last week I left an appointment and put my purse in my car as I do every.single.day. I accidentally left my keys in my purse so usually I just open it back up and I grab the keys. I have a key less go so you just need to have the key on you for the door to open or lock Any who to make long story short my car was locked. I was stranded and Andrew had my spare key in Tampa. No biggie right? I have a brand new car I am sure I would have some kind of roadside assistance. Good news. I have some type of equivalence to onstar. Bad news. You have to sign up for it or it doesn't work and it takes 24 hours before it can be activated. Whomp whomp whomp. So they transferred me to the dealership who said well we can't help with that. You need your spare key. We can come out there but it is going to cost you and it won't be for awhile. Which leads me to do you know who I am??? Trust me....no one important, but I am my fathers daughter. AKA a letter writer. AKA a squeaky wheel. AKA as when you make me mad I am donezo. I was already a little feisty because earlier in the week I stopped by because I have this wet dog smell when I turn my car on. They weren't very nice nor suggested a solution. So I called the next day and talked to the manager who wasn't the least bit helpful. Long story short is customer service goes along way and it is sort of expected with a new car. I love my car but after the lack of service I don't know if I will ever get another one. Their loss!
When is your baby due?
I was talking to a patient and his wife. Let me set the scene 57 year old, Alert and oriented X 3, not legally blind, no cataracts and no glaucoma. I was giving them the low down of Atrial fibrillation. At the end the wife looks at me and said, "so when is your baby due?" I proceeded to look behind my left shoulder and my right shoulder to see who this lady was talking to. It was just me in the room. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I said, "me?? I am not pregnant." I vow to start standing up straighter and I am going to start getting my scrubs tailored! I can honestly say that was a first.
No comments:
Post a Comment