Here I Go

Sunday, May 19, 2013

YOLO

YOLO (You Only Live Once)
True story.....  I kept seeing this famous saying every where and had no idea what it meant.  Thank goodness my good ole friend Google filled me in.  Pretty accurate statement.  You Only Live Once.  I am trying to live my life exactly as that.  Less No's.  More yes's.  This weekend was one of my favorite moments/days/activities/weekends of 2013.

Vacation for a Day
 I am done with the dealership in Ft. Myers so I made an appointment to take my car to Naples at 10am.  They let us borrow a car and we hung out all day.  I suggested having a picnic at the beach and Andrew (and I) had thirty reasons not to.  It is too hot, we are going to be sandy, we don't have the beach pass, it will be less work to go grab something to eat, etc.  I am so happy that we did because that was the start of our attitude adjustment. It is amazing how we are both drawn to the water and how our demeanor changes when we are near it/on it.  We ran errands, visited my dad and had some happy hour near my old condo.  We finally got the call to pick up our car and we decided to make a day and night in Naples.  It was a blast hanging out with my sweetie.  We even went to the beach club and watched the sunset.  The.most.perfect.day.night.ever.





#1 Beach in United States
Clearwater beaches have been named the best beach in the United States.  I would have to agree.  The pristine beach, white sand and turquoise water.  Lucky for us it is about an hour from our house.  There was a birthday celebration for our friend Paul.  There was a big slip and slide, beach sized jenga, a keg, a 12 person raft, horse heads and hockey.  All the things needed for an amazing day at the beach. 

Andrew dropped me off with all of our stuff and parked a couple of miles away.  When he finally got to the beach we told him that all guests had to go down the slip and slide and then they would get their beer cup.  He asked me if i I did it and I said, "of course."  He took off his shirt, grabbed shamu and headed down the slip and slide.  He didn't even bat an eye!  Luckily he didn't break anything or lose any teeth!

Who says you can't slip and slide at the beach?  











Our first attempt at this picture resulted in my aeriola also making an appearance.  THANK GOODNESS I looked at it before approving it.  It was like that episode from Seinfeld where Elaine sent out a Xmas card. Facebook would have loved that!  YOLO. 

1 comment: