Allyson's blog
http://agoodplacetobuildaroad.com/
"When Grams passed away last March, I quickly collected photos of Grams and the family to play at her funeral. At that time I had also moved, started a new job, Reece started a new job… and by time I mean within 1 week! I didn’t have time to make everything as perfect as she would have deserved. I had also found some great footage that I captured of her sharing different stories that I wanted to make sure the family got to see as well. And then my dad decided to give me every picture that grams had ever owned. So after months and months of trips down memory lane, I scanned everything into my computer and began creating a video.
I can definitely say that it was hard
reliving all of those pictures and videos. It’s crazy how much I miss my
sweet old grams, but I hope that myself and the family will gain so
much more out of this video. It was beautiful and inspiring to look back
at her life. I found love notes my Grandpa had written on the back of
his photos while he was in the Navy. I saw the different trips they went
on like Hawaii and Vegas (all the girls wore go go boots!). Reece and I
did research on whether or not the Florida hotels they frequented were
still standing. But most importantly I think we all get a sense of
closure. That the last years of her life were spent having a blast and
making so many memories. That Grams got to spend a full 85 wonderful
years on this earth. I’ve pulled some of my favorite photos to share…
and the video is at the end. It’s crazy how 85 years can fit into 10
minutes, enjoy!

Class of 1944. We went to the same high school and I loved that their pictures were on the wall in our cafeteria.

Grams looking sassy on Clearwater Beach. The hotel is still there but went under some major renovations

And this is how I like to remember Grams. Loved very much by her kids and all of her grandchildren. All of us did the best we could to make her life more enjoyable as she had made ours.
Below is the You Tube video
http://youtu.be/qNUA9LT2zK4



No comments:
Post a Comment