Here I Go

Monday, August 6, 2012

Green Thumb

I have wanted to "spruce up" our front entrance for a long time.  I have called a few times to our homeowners association about what we needed to do prior to planting.  There are multiple houses in the neighborhood that have spruced up their area.  Of course I was told that we would need to have a sketch of what we would like to do prior to planting.  Sure sure.  I am certain that all of the other residents went through all of that work joys of homeowners association.

My girlfriend has what you call a green thumb.  She loves to garden and works in her yard every single day.  Since I was searching for things to keep me occupied while the hubby was gone I thought this would be a great time to spruce up our "yard."  She met me at Home Depot and helped me pick out what would work best.  Then I had to put all of the dirty plants, wet mulch in my beautiful car.  Yowswers......I was a nervous wreck and almost called off the project.  We put down about 30 sheets of plastic and not a drop of dirt/mud ended up in my car.  Gerianne even came to my house and started the project.........she removed trees, put down mulch and planted flowers.   There was a couple of things that she was unable to do and  I was bound and determined to finish the project before Andrew came home.

Enter my non green thumbs. On my list was find a  pot for one of my newly purchased plants.  I couldn't find a stinking pot to save my life. I went to three different stores and finally went to home depot and found one that would work.  I purchased a lattice, 5 more bags of mulch and the pot.  I brought all my stuff home and started to "garden".  I was hoping for this type of scenario.  You know nice serene and clean.  
Let me tell you what gardening is really like. More like this...........



Okay maybe I am exaggerating slightly but I was covered head to toe in dirt.  I guess it is pretty safe to say gardening isn't really something I enjoy doing.  I have never been one for "dirty" activities and it carries through to my adult life too.  I am quite proud of the work though.....it looks much better if I do say so myself.

Before picture.  I spy Shotzie!

After picture







1 comment: