Friday night our flight was delayed so we didn't get to Hoboken, NJ until 1am. That of course didn't stop us from going out. We caught up with Andrews friends at a local bar and then called it a night at 4am. Saturday morning we took the train back to the city and got a quick tour compliments of Brian. It was great seeing all of the "hot" spots with someone that knew the city like the back of his hand. We did our kind of touring........which consists pretty much seeing the spot, taking a picture and moving on. We toured a good portion of the city in 4 hours.
Afterwards we headed back to NJ and went out in Hoboken. Sunday morning we met Andrews other friends for brunch. It was great catching up with old friends and their newest addition.
Sunday we headed to our hotel in battery park. It overlooked the statue of liberty. We pretty much checked in and explored a little bit more of the city. Sunday night we headed down to Time Square and purchased tickets for the Lion King. It was an amazing show.........goose bump amazing. I had a perma grin the whole time. What a wonderful production!
| World Trade Center Memorial |
| Time Square |
Who needs a key chain when you have a hotel named after you?
This was on the way up to the 48th floor at the Marquis hotel. There was a revolving rooftop restaurant that we were planning on getting drinks at. Poor Andrew is terrified of heights but we had to go check out MY hotels bar. I unfortunately was having none of the whole rotating thing. So we headed back down to the ground.
Monday Andrew had his meeting all day. That didn't stop me from exploring the town. I hoped on a tour bus with all of my foreign friends and toured NYC.
| China Town |
| My tour guide |
I accidentally took this photo. I look like I am deep in thought!
Andrew sent me a text saying he was able to scoot out of his meeting. I aborted the rest of the tour, hopped on the subway and made it back to our part of town. We went and had appetizers at a restaurant at South Side Seaport and then made our way back to Manhattan.
| I spy ME |
Lets say my sweetie didn't catch on to the whole subway thing. We ended up getting off far from where we wanted and walked miles to our destination. We met up with his cousin and had dinner.
| Joking around |
No comments:
Post a Comment