Here I Go

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stormy Weather

ADT
To ADT or not ADT.......that is the question.   Over the past couple of months I have developed a fear of someone breaking into my house.  Two weeks ago someone was murdered right across the street in a nice neighborhood.  Per the police it was an "isolated" incident but upon reading articles it seems like they were the victims of a random burglary. The suspects thought these people would have a lot of money laying around since they were business owners.  Ugh what is the world coming too????  Hell in a hand basket if you ask me.  So anyway to ADT or not?  We live in a "gated" community but we all know how those work.  It is 50 dollars a month which seems like a lot but can you really put a price on piece of mind?  I am leaning towards the extra security.

 Last Name
As we approach the 2 year mark on our marriage I am starting to transition more and more to my new last name.  So now not only do I have an unusual first name I also have a great last name to accompany it.  Today I made a bunch of calls to set up appointments.  Let me tell you how much fun it is to spell, say, respell and re say my first name and now I get to do it with my last name.  Yippee......Love it......not!  I don't think it is too late to go backward.  At least with my old last name  there was no confusion......just a nice easy last name.  Sigh.......

NYC
This weekend Andrew has a conference in NYC and it just happens to be at the Ritz Carlton.  Guess who gets to tag along?  This girl right here.  Actually the conference is Sunday-Tuesday.  We are flying up Friday night and spending a couple of days with Andrews friends.  Can't wait to see the city with some locals.  I am quite excited!!  This is my first trip to the city.  

Storm a Brewing
Last weekend we went out on the boat with my girlfriend Liz and her fiance (and her sister and brother in law).  We partied hard in Ft. Myers beach and on our way home encountered a huge storm.  If we looked to the west the sun was setting and the way home was black clouds with bursts of lightning.  There is nothing like a good storm to get the adrenaline rushing.  Captain Pease didn't even stop for the no wake zone.  Luckily we made it home without being struck by lightning and managed to stay dry.  Unfortunately we weren't able to pull the boat into the slip because of low tide.  We parked it at another slip, grabbed all of our stuff and made it to dry land in the knick of time.  It started to downpour seconds after pulling in.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment