Here I Go

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Am Not

Should be
I should be in Alaska right now......instead I am sitting at home by myself.  Kyle's new beau lives in Alaska and she went for a visit.  We were invited but my other half had a training session that was at the exact same time. Bummer......bummer.....bummer.  What better way to experience Alaska then with a native.  Hopefully next trip!

Dog Sitter
Riddle me this.........So we dog sat for Zoomie and we had to hire a dog sitter.  Ha ha ha.  We paid our next door neighbor to walk Zoomie a couple of times throughout the day.  Poor dog........Wednesday we both left around 8:30am and walked into the door around 10:00pm.  Lets just say Zoomie would much rather spend her days/nights with the neighbors.  I think we did score some bonus points with the whole boating thing.

Doctor
My doctor is out of town for 3.5 weeks.  The new doctor is running the show.  The other PA and I had lots of mixed emotions about it.  After getting all worked up on numerous occasions we decided to just go with the flow.  Our doctor gave us strict instructions on what to do and what not to do.  Lets just say the new doctor doesn't really like having a big census.  He signs off on everyone.  My doctor RARELY signs off.   We had 17 on our list this morning and we are only actually seeing 6.  Made for a pretty easy weekend.  We shall see how long it lasts.  My doctor was already texting/emailing asking about the numbers.......I attempted to dodge the bullet and tell him everything was fine and to enjoy his vacation.  He is going to FLIP a GASKET when he finds out.

12 days
Well today is day 1 of Andrews 12 day business trip.  I don't even know what I am going to do with myself to stay sane.  Especially if work stays as slow as it does.  I have a couple of projects so hopefully that will occupy some of my time. I keep teasing Andrew that I will probably waste away while he is gone.  If he doesn't cook I rarely eat dinner.  Lately we haven't been making very good choices.  It is hard to make good choices when you have someone else tempting you.. I decided to revamp my eating habits while he is gone.  I went to the grocery store and purchased only healthy options.  I bought tons of fruits, vegetables, cheese, yogurt, cereal, nuts.   I was feeling so good about my choices until I walked by the food court and the pizza hut pizza was calling my name so I decided to have one last junk meal!


I am not
A runner.  I lied when I said it was getting easier.  Some days I don't feel like I am going to die right away but always right around that 1 mile mark the feeling of death comes over me.  I just can't seem to find that runners high that all of those people talk about.  Here is what went through my head today while running.   "Ok here we go.  You can do this.  I wonder how long I have been running it has to be 20 minutes......ONLY 5 minutes??????  The clock must be broken.  I can't breathe.  I can't feel my legs.  I think I was born with only one lung.  Is my shoe untied?  Please let my shoe be untied.  I hate running.  I must have ran 6 miles already........ONE mile??????  That's it? "  So let me tell you..........the whole process is not pretty.  Yet I keep trying to achieve that elite runner status.

No comments:

Post a Comment