Here I Go

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Key West

I left off where we ditched the boat and didn't look back.  This is the ole hotel that we left behind as well.
 
And this is the hotel that we arrived at................

This is the part of our trip where it took a great turn for the better.  We arrived to our hotel and we were even allowed to check in early.  It was heavenly!!  I have a friend that lives in Key West and we met up with him and his buddy.  It was an eventful couple of hours.  After exploring a strip club, the oldest bar on key west, asking strangers for rides in their golf cart and a pizza parlor; we parted ways, mostly for our livers sake.  Yes I said strip club......we just went inside (at 4pm) had a drink and left.    Apparently we were stopping by to see one of his "friends." 


I always look through the books they give you in the hotels and under restaurants there was a place called Latitudes.  I looked it up online and it had great reviews so we booked a reservation for Monday night.  It was one of the best dinners we had and top down most beautiful atmosphere.  We had to take a boat to the island called Sunset Key.   

The restaurant was outdoors and seats were in the sand.  It was heavenly.  We were at an outdoor bar waiting for our table when we met another couple.  We were talking with them and this lady kept turning around at the bar.  I thought she was going to jump into our conversation so I was shocked when she said, "Can you please stop talking so loud and move closer together.....you are ruining my experience.......I came here to relax and all I can hear is you guys talking."  Let me tell you we were flabbergasted.  We were hardly talking louder than a whisper.  The people that we were talking next to said are you kidding under there breath.   She turned back around again and snapped, "no I am not kidding.....I just want to relax."  That was pretty much right around the same time that the hostess came and got them and escorted them OFF the island. I guess they were causing all kinds of ruckus and they just asked them to leave. After that little confrontation we were taken to our table.  Once again it was heavenly.  

Our Key West time was lots of fun.  We spent the days eating lots of delicious food, hanging by our pool and exploring the town. On our way home we had to stop by and pick up the boat.  We were sort of hoping it wasn't there but she was waiting and we hooked her up to the car and brought her back to Naples.  We held our breath the whole way home and minus the cars system freezing we got home without any real problems.  That is until we tried to put the boat back in the water and of course the tide was out so we had to wait to put it back in the water until the next day.  It could have been worse right??  If we ever have a great idea like taking the boat on a trip again smack us ok?












No comments:

Post a Comment