Here I Go

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Na Na Na......Na Na Na.......Hey Hey Hey Goodbye

I write this post with mixed emotion.....who I am kidding I write it with pure and utter sadness.  My ole girl had her last ride today.  I have a feeling that Andrew had this all set up.  He tells me that the car we were looking at was in.  So we took a ride down to good ole Naples and then my arm was twisted and next thing you know I was signing my life away.  Andrew and I made an aggreement that if we purchase this car and I don't like i,t then in a next couple of months I can buy what I really want.  So I said good bye to my ole car......begrudigily.  I wanted to see what they were going to give me in a trade in value and was completly offended when they came back with a whole 500 dollars.  I mean come on look at this beaute.......one door handle, no buttons for windows, etc. 
        
I think she is worth more than 500 dollars.  So we negotiated and finally I agreed to take 1000 dollars. 


Here is a little history of the Veger.  I purchased her in 2000 for 12000 dollars with an interest rate of 9%.  My monthly payment was 279 dollars and she had 8k miles.  As we got to know each other I noticed she was leaking some tar like substance out of the door panel. I took her to the dealership and they fixed it and it came back within a month.  This tarry like substance would get all over everything every time you got in and out of the back seat.  So I took it back again and then someone contacted me about a lemon law.  I had no idea what a lemon law was and was assured all I had to do was take it in three times for the same problem.  So I took it in again a couple of times and bata bing I had the choice of either getting a new car or  a check for 10k.  I took the latter of the two.  After the nice gentlemen that called me and told me about  the lemon law took his cut I only ended up with 4k. 

Either way this is when our relationship really blossomed but then it sort of went south when her transmission went out at 24k miles.  I was out of warranty as far as miles were concerened but I called Chrysler and told them I was a poor college kid that took really good care of my car and they split the cost of a new transmission with me.  After that little hiccup we made it a couple of years without any problems. 

All was good until I got a real job and started wearing high heels..........this is when I noticed that the roof of my car was faded.  So I went over to Maaco and got the two year paint job.  At that time I was SURE we would be parting ways in two years.  So three years post paint job my Avenger quickly became a VEGER (all the letters started falling off).  I looked a couple of times at trading her in but I just couldn't get the right deal.  So we continued throughout our journey together.......through the commute to PA school, through the move to Ft. Myers and through the first 5 months of the new job.  Yeah she has (or should I say had) a smell, missing door handle, squeeks, crumbling sun visor but for the most part she got me to point A to B....... 97% of the time. 


When we parted ways she had 110k miles.  She was a good first real car.  I loved her and if I had it my way I would have kept her. I would have went the distance...........

But my hubby had other ideas in mind .............let me introduce you to my new "whip". 

She is a new Ford Explorer.  So the Veger had her last maiden voyage yesterday via Andrew and today I drove my new car.  I was a little hesitant at first but as I drove to work I quickly developed a perma grin.  I can't say I love love love it but I think that is directly related to that whole change thing.  I love that it has keyless entry and voice command and air conditioning and that amazing clean smell.   So I think as the days go on the veger will be a distant memory. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your wheels... my new wheels should meet up with your new wheels and make babies... just saying.

    ReplyDelete