Friday, March 4, 2011
Smokey the Bear
How come fire alarms never run out of batteries during the day, say when you're awake? Nope.....ours run out of batteries right around 3am.......EVERY SINGLE TIME. I think we have 6 or so fire alarms (what can I say.......we like to be safe :)) and no joke every year the batteries die in the middle of the night. Lets go back to Wednesday night say 3:10am I heard the first pesky beep. I attempted to will myself into ignoring it when all of sudden Andrew flies out of bed, grabs batteries and starts fiddling with the detector. I was laying in bed hoping he would hurry so I could fall back asleep ASAP. Then came the "M f-ers". I knew at that point I should get up and try to help. I walked out into the den and he was on a chair, with his ear perked up trying to figure out which one was the culprit. He would run from detector to detector cursing away. Finally he decided it was the one closest to our room, changed the batteries and was done. That is, until the other one gave out a little chirp. I thought he was going to LOSE it. I tried my hardest not to die laughing. He looked like a mad man, running around in his skivvies, half a sleep, cursing at the fire alarm. Where is the video camera when you need it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment