Here I Go

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Little bit of this

Be prepared......there is a lot of randomness ahead.

I can't sleep
  • I can usually fall asleep but then I start dreaming about rounding on patients.  It pretty much is the same set up as my routine throughout the day. I attempt to 'will' my subconscious into thinking about anything besides work.  I try to think about puppies, babies, vacations, etc.   So it goes a little like this......enter dream land and immediately start replaying my day; pt in 3652 has elevated trops hmmm what should I do next?  Wait a minute why am I in my pj's?  Wait I am not WORKING I am dreaming.  Stop it.  Ok switch gears and think happy non related work thoughts........ puppies are frolicking in a field, chasing butterflies, and gleefully playing with each other when all of a sudden.............. they come upon someone who is laying in the meadow grabbing his chest.........he is having a heart attack......what do you do next?  See my dilemma I do this all night long.  I wake up exhausted!!
My hubby is obsessed
  • With pickles and pickle making.  Please forgive me if I have already mentioned this obsession but he literally took it to a whole notha level.....he just came up stairs holding 3 pickling cucumbers saying how mad he is at himself.   Him- "look at these".  Me- "what" (so unimpressed).  "See how perfect these pickles are?  I am never going to find another pickle this perfect?  Why didn't I buy more?  I can't believe me.  Mind you he had to buy a garage refrigerator to accommodate his new hobby.  He already has 6 jars in his fridge outside.  I do not share in his pickle obsession which I am beginning to think is a good thing because he is not a good sharer.  He is a borderline hoarder of pickles.  I even had to suggest maybe putting a limit on his pickle consumption. For these reasons..... 1. Eating excessive amounts of pickled food can lead to gastric cancer.  2.  He smells like a pickle.  Even after he brushes his teeth he permeates garlic and vinegar.  Yummy......not!
Pity Party
  • My schedule has been crazy.....it was right after I was bragging talking to my girl friend about how flexible my job was and then BAM I started working from 8-8 daily.  Since I started I have had one day off a week.  It wasn't so bad the first two weeks but now I am tired and my legs hurt.  I was really throwing myself a pity party Sunday when a bunch of my friends were hanging out and then the PA that I work with is mentioning the words BR (bed rest) and she is only 17 weeks.  Oh and to top it off is season.  Can I get some cheese with my whine?  But then on Monday I got a little ray of light........ the office manager called and said how come you are not taking your days off?  I replied, "well the doctor said we were too busy."  She said,  "no matter what you take your days off."   Can I get a hell yeah?   So that put a little spring into my step. 
Farmers Market
  • Andrew and I love the farmers market.  Grams and I used to go when she was more mobile and I have been wanting to take her.  We decided to break Grams out of jail her nursing home and take her to the market.  You should have seen how excited she got when we asked her if she wanted to go out.  "Sure!  Oh yeah that is today!  Yeah Let's go!  Ok bye Mildred, Marquis is taking me to the farmers market."   It was another great day spent making memories with my Grams.  Man I love that little ole lady, simply adore her. 
Old People
  • You know you are the minority amongst white hairs when at the farmers market we saw 13 baby strollers.  1 pushing kids and 12 pushing some type of dog.  Ha ha ha ha ha!
Baby Fever
  • You know what single handily kills baby fever?  Working!  I don't know how people work full time and manage to have kids.  I know they do and I know I could but man it sure would be nice to work part time and have a little one.  Baby fever did make a reappearance after the birth of our good friends baby.  Oh she is precious and my girl friend makes it look so easy.  I went on facebook one day last week and was looking at the photo section and no joke the first 8 albums were of peoples brand new babies.  Ahhhhhhhh.  
Shame on Me
  • I hate to admit this.....but man oh man I am a wee bit envious of everyone else's life right now.  Shame shame.  I know I know.  2010 was a really big year and now I don't really have much going. People are getting married, moving, going on vacation, having babies, getting new cars, etc.  Don't get me wrong I am very thankful for all of that I have and I am sure some people that are having a crazy hectic life would wish for a life like mine.  Ugh I hate that I can't even write something without the fear of something bad happening to me.  So as I say this, then I think to myself what about if something horrific happens to me or my loved one then I bet I wouldn't be so envious of the Jones.  Or maybe I would... Sigh.....  I need to schedule a vacation.
Man
  • You would think I was a surfer with as many times as I have said the word "man" in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment