Here I Go

Monday, May 4, 2009

Proceed with Caution..........

I hate to complain/vent/bitch but this is my blog and I am entitled to write what ever I want. So let me start with, apparently the bank does not like when you forget to make your house payment. I always pay my bills on the same day every month….I can’t imagine that I would have forgotten to pay my house payment. Well…..somehow I did (maybe it didn't go thru, maybe I really did forget to pay it) and the bank is not happy.

I tried to make a payment for this months (I had no idea at this point that I didn’t pay last months) and it kept saying that I needed to call the bank. I thought the banks server was down and I tried again the next day and the next and the next. I got home Saturday and I had lots of love letters saying that I didn’t pay last months payment. Don’t you love letters from the bank…….you know the thin ones are never good! I just don’t understand why they would block me from paying this months payment. If they wouldn’t have blocked me I wouldn’t have been past 30 days late and they wouldn’t have informed the credit bureau of my delinquency which in turn wouldn’t jeopardize my financial aid. I pride myself on my impeccable credit (780 score) and it just kills me that there is going to be a ding against me. GRRRR


So Saturday was a great day….ha! I also pulled up to my place and was greeted by my neighbors mammoth air conditioning. Apparently he thinks he is cooling all of intown club; it is two and a half times the size of all of the older air conditioning's. Wouldn’t you know it is right in front of my door and right outside of my kitchen window? It is great to have all kinds of rules and regulations that everyone else thinks they are above…..that is until it comes to someone else breaking the rule. They are the first to point fingers and bitch and complain. I am so tired of following the rules so from now on I am going to do what I want to. I may add onto my condo…..yup a nice little renovation…..maybe add on an extra bathroom or heck another bedroom.

Too say I am stressed is an understatement. I am angry, frustrated and irrational about multiple things but the one I am focusing on today is as follows...............

I am pissed that the economy is the way that it is and that I am stuck. I am mad that the banks lent all kinds of money to people that shouldn’t have been lent money (probably including me). I think, like most of my friends, all we wanted was a place of our own. A place to live in, place to be proud of, place to retain value and a place that when we were ready to leave, sell. Of course when the value kept going up it was nice but it wasn’t my motivation of becoming a homeowner.

Sadly, all of the other people wrecked it for us; the people that invested, that let greed get to them, people that knew they couldn’t afford a 250k mortgage on a 30k salary, but willingly signed their names. The ones that all they could see was what they could flip it for. Well guess what? I am left with your aftermath. I am left with all the foreclosures, left with having to pay more dues, left with a house that is worth less than what I owe (speaking more for Andrew).

It keeps me awake at night knowing that when we are ready to start our life together we are faced with this. What do you do? I guess I was raised with the motto, don’t live beyond your means, pay your debts before you spend on frivolous items………… where has that got me? You got it, living in a town where few have also honored their commitment. I understand some people got in this mess hap hazzaridly and I do emphasize with these people.

What I am pissed about is the people that knew the risk, did it for a profit and when times got tough, walked away without looking back. My mom always said if everyone else was jumping off a cliff would you? Well I didn’t live beyond my means, didn't take out a second mortgage, didn’t buy new cars, didn’t buy investment properties, I didn’t do what a lot of other people were doing.

So now everyone else is foreclosing, walking away, filing bankruptcy and I so so so so want to. I want to just be able to start my life without someone having to take a substantial loss on their place, without having to try to sell in an economy where regular inventory isn't moving (why buy a house when you can buy a foreclosure for a mere 35k). I just don’t want to have to deal with a property that I know in its life time will never be worth what is owed on it. Phew can you tell I am fired up just a little bit? Like I said this has been consuming lots of my time and I am tired thinking about all the what if's. What if property doesn't sell? What happens when someone offers you 100k less than what is owed? What if I can't qualify for student loans? What if I am making a wrong decision? What if the value never goes back up? What if it goes up next year?

I would like to leave a positive because when my anger, frustration, sadness resides I really am thankful for what I have. But for once I think I am going to let myself throw a pity party without feeling guilty.

2 comments:

  1. What you need is a good ANGRY FIST in the air! then you need to get back on the horse and finish your ride. You are so close with school, you are so close to achieving soooo much. It sometimes can be sooo scarey when so much of what you worked for can come apart in a blink of an eye. You are STRONG person... You can DOOOO it. Girl power. Cast your cares and concerns on the big guy in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Said Christal.

    And don't worry...you're not alone...Dave and I are upside down INCREDIBLY on our home...we're stuck too and in the same thoughts and frustration right along with you...

    ReplyDelete