Here I Go

Monday, March 16, 2009

I am so lucky to have so much to lose

I saw this “one liner” a couple of weeks ago and it really hit home. I guess with everything going on sometimes, I need subtle reminders of how much there is, that I really have to lose. I am thankful for the Saturdays Andrew and I get to spend together. It is our only day of the week that we (usually ) have the whole day to do something fun. Unfortunately, we really have to pack it in. So Saturday morning we went to Power class, grabbed lunch and headed out on the boat. It was absolutely perfect! Summer is right around the corner which means 100% humidity and lots of heat. Right now, you can still lie on the boat without feeling like you're burning from the inside out.

Saturday afternoon we also managed to visit with Andrews grandparents and then we met up with my old boss from Michigan. It was a great time reuniting with old friends and we had a wonderful dinner at Bonefish grill. After that we headed to the airport and picked up his cousins that are in for the week. So over 24 hours we covered land, sea and air. I swear, sometimes it is exhausting being me.

I am sure most have you heard about my experiences at Borders. I have a chair, parking spot and pretty much know everyone, even though they really don’t know me. Lately, a new person has started studying at Borders. I never really talk to my so called "friend' but yesterday I spread out and actually physically talked to this person. He broke the silence by asking if I get mad if anyone sits in my chair. Which I do (ha ha ha)! He said that every time he comes to Borders, he avoids sitting in “my seat". I guess I really marked my territory!

I also shared some of my secrets…..like my little competitions I have. Basically I try to "outlast and outplay" my fellow studiers. Sunday I let a group of girls beat me……………..I was way to hungry and just decided to forfeit this weeks competition. I may now be officially classified as the crazy girl. Oh well, the small prices to pay for attempting to stay sane while studying (and awake).

So my hypochondriac ways have continued yet another week! We studied neuro this week so my "diseases" are go figure.......mostly neuro based. So with that being said, this week I was pretty sure I had “the worst headache of my life” which is subarachnoid hemmorage (the star of death). And I am almost certain that I have blood clots (deep vein thrombosis). I just don’t know where my “embolism” is going to go. I also am pretty sure that I have African Sleeping sickness and Mystentia Gravis. LOL. Poor Andrew!

I have just been chugging along for the past few weeks. I am happy to say that this is week 11 and I have passed every test thus far with flying colors. I am moving on the genius ladder at a rapid pace. (ha ha ha). I used to pray for a 70 and now I am very bummed if I get under 90. I have 13 more school days till spring break. When we come back we have 6 weeks left and then I have completed a WHOLE year of school!!! To say the last six weeks are brutal is an understatment.......I just have to remember one day at a time!


Studying neuro on the boat
Dinner

My old boss Don and his wife Donna!


2 comments:

  1. ha ha, do you know how hilarious u are, your hypochondriac ways are the funniest... i had the biggest tummy ache when u guys stopped by from too much sugary cereal for dinner, ughhh maybe indigestion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the crazy girl at Borders...

    ReplyDelete