So I managed to get 1 shower in my new bathroom. I feel that the bathroom Gods are against me.......if there is even such a thing. My wish came true and the hurricane came our way and school was cancelled for a day, which turned out to be not as nice as I was hoping for. Back in the day a hurricane pretty much meant party and then be able to sleep the whole next day. Hurricane rain and winds are great tv watching, "doze day" type of days. Well the responsible me kicked in and I went to a study group the night before the hurricane and then found my way at a hurricane party (I did study first though) so then we partied to the hurricane Gods and had a merry time. Well I set my alarm and well everyone SLEPT all day long I sat on the couch and studied.
So back to the 1 shower in my new bathroom. I got a call from my roommate saying that water was pouring out of my ceiling. Turns out that the neighbor (whom I despise and he equally despises me) left his window wide open during the hurricane. My blood was boiling but it turns out that was NOT the case of the water. I guess a pipe exploded between his unit and mine and caused massive amounts of water to pour through my ceiling and form the Okeechobee river on my floor. So the work was finished on Saturday morning and now it is Tuesday and all the tiles are popped up on the floor and when you walk on them water squirts out. Water has destroyed everything. The Joice's ( i think that is what their called) in my ceiling were even wet. So I called my dad and the president of the association and that is a whole other story that I don't have time to write nor would you want to read. The president cut the bathroom ceiling out and said just to keep the air on really low and that should dry the water out. I am no genius but absurd amounts of water and humidity= mold. So I called some friends and they agreed that fans should be brought in. GRRRR- to make a LONG story short......these fans magically appear- 12 of them and 2 humidifiers and they cut all the baseboard out and moved everything out of closets and all of that good stuff w/o my authorization. It sounds like a jet plane is about ready to take off in my place and if you turn more than one light on at a time the circuit blows. Not to mention that for 5 days now that air hasn't turned off one time and it is 83 in there (fans and humidifiers blow off a lot of heat). It has really turned into quite a comical situation especially because until Wednesday at 10am (last final) I am not going to think about it. I just have a feeling it is going to get ugly but I am going to remain hopeful until next week. I don't know who is going to fix it or who is going to pay for it.................all I know is that I am not going to be fixing it, I am not going to be paying for it and it is not going to remain in the condition it is in.
Phew enough procrastinating........back to studying for the doozies of finals- pathophysiology & physiology!!




No comments:
Post a Comment