Here I Go

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week 11

So this week was the true test of my stamina for school. There is no exaggeration here.......
Monday- school 8:00-3:00 then studied on my own.
Tuesday- school 8:00- 2:00; 2:30-8:30 Physiology study group
Wednesday- school 8:00-5:00; 5:30-3:00AM Physiology study group
Thursday- school 8:00-10:00; Skipped the remainder of the day and met with a study group from 10:00-7:00; then studied at home from 8:00-12:30 and then set my alarm and studied from 4am-8:25am.

I was shooting for a hundred percent but after hearing that more than half the class failed the test I was happy with my 80%. So these next two weeks are packed with test after test. I have come to terms with the fact that the next 14 days consists of studying and NO fun. The key to me studying so much is my new study buddy. I don't know how he finds the patience or why he does it but he pretty much put me through physiology boot camp. There was no breaks, no text messaging, no Internet, no procrastinating. He went to lunch and left me there and I immediately went back to my shiny thing syndrome. I was like ok......I can do this. I would start to read something and I would be like.....gosh my lips are really dry and then of course I would have to find chap stick. Then I would start to read again and the next line I would think to myself I really could use a drink of water. I would get my drink of water and would start to read from the beginning (because of course I just forgot what I read) and then I would decide that I wanted a different pen to write with. This radical behavior would go on and on and then I pretty much would start the whole process over.......gosh my lips feel chapped. So anyway....Freddy put a kerposh on this type of behavior. He also put things into simple terms....."ok man.....so we have CCK and he is knocking on the door of the pancreas saying man......let me in" Anyway it was quite comical and extremely helpful. He said he would continue to help me which is very exciting. I just hope that one day I can find whatever it is that I am missing to perhaps study on my own!!

After reading all about the disease we are learning about I am pretty much convinced that I have everyone of them. This week I have "self diagnosed" myself with anemia, blood clot, TB, hyperthyroidism, B12 deficiency, and the "worst headache of my life" and that is just this week. Lol...... I read the symptoms of the disease and I am like ok I have that, yup there is another one, ok that is three and I think my heart even beats a little fast when I realize that I have 4 out of the 5 symptoms. The good news is after I have that little bit of a panic my practical side kicks in and realize that feeling tired, having irregular heart beat, and being stressed is probably just due to the absurd amounts of caffeine I drink, the lack of sleep that I get, and the program that I am in!


A hurricane is brewing and my fingers are crossed that it will make it way to Naples/Ft. Myers. I am not hoping for a category 3 or anything like that..........just some rain, high winds and a day off from school.

My sister and her boyfriend are pretty much the best things since sliced bread! She fixed my bathroom and it looks amazing. I swear a tear sprung to my eye! I am so thankful that they fixed it. I was getting to the point where I was just accepting that it would never be finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment