Here I Go

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Retail Therapy

I spent my birthday money on buying new stuff for the condo. I hired a friend to complete the bathroom and now my wheels are turning on what else I would like to have done. So I bought new curtains, shower curtain, towel rods, PINK potpourri, etc. Of course I did all of this right after I decided I wanted to declutter my life and that consisted of taking 2 huge bags to goodwill. I guess that would be considered counter productive. I sort of established some guidelines for myself..........for every one thing you bring in you need to remove three things.......or is that the other way around :) Either way I am inspired to finally complete all of the things that have been bugging me. Ha ha ha............I am going to put my financial aid to good use. I think that if I put new floor down in the kitchen and got new appliances I would be semi content. I really would like to put in new cabinets, counter top, and raise the ceiling but even I know my limitations (or what is going to break the bank).

Last night my girlfriend (not literally.......that has been a legitimate question these days) and I went to the Anderson's for dinner. Oh it was so delicious. So delicious in fact that I actually had salad and absolutely loved it!!! I am going to get the recipe and attempt to make it a staple! After dinner the girls went down to 5th Avenue and went to Yabba's. It ended up being great people watching. I wish I would have taken some pictures so you could visualize what I am trying to describe. I keep attempting to put it into words but I think you would have just had to be there!

So I gave myself two days off so today is consisting of lots and lots of homework/studying. I don't get much accomplished at my house so I have been going to my dads store. It is amazing how fast the hours go by when I am there and I am actually productive. If I stay at home I go back to my shiny shiny thing ordeal. I have every intention of doing my work and the next thing you know I am sweeping the floor, cleaning out the closet, or baking brownies. I think I may have a little ADD or I am just really good at avoiding what I should be doing!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear you liked the salad!!! I hope it helps you get through the study breaks. :)

    ReplyDelete