Things I have learned this semester…..it is amazing what you are capable of accomplishing when pushed. Time management skills are kicked into full gear and you suddenly start finding time where you once thought your schedule was full. You find a healthy balance between school, work, family and friends. When you think you reached your breaking point and you can’t do one more thing…..you find time. TV becomes less important and you start thinking outside of the box. Topics covered in the classroom are applied to real life settings. The water you drink contains 2 hydrogen molecules and 1 oxygen. You even start believing that you have the same views as popular philosophers. Coffee becomes your best friend and a short day consists of 8 hours of work, an hour of exercise, and a couple of hours of homework. The 25 minute commute to work becomes your quiet time and weekends are even more precious than they once used to be. You feel on top of the world if you receive a good grade and convince yourself you need to quit when you get a bad one. You learn that when a class costs $1600 dollars, you take it a lot more serious then you did the first time around. Most importantly I learned that I am capable of doing anything that I set my mind too. One semester down and 3 to go (plus PA school). Phew, with that being said I am now stepping off my soap box!
Quick Update-
Steve’s brothers, Jon and Chris are back in the United States. WOO HOO. We are going up to Michigan to see them May 5th-9th.
Tomorrow my cousin from Tennessee is coming down to visit. I am playing hooky on Friday and we are going to head up to Ft. Myers beach. My coworker said, “you sure do have a lot of family”.
I received a $2500 dollar scholarship for the summer semester!. I am pumped and very appreciative……..it helps out a great deal!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment