Friday, May 11, 2007
We Sprung a Leak
Wednesday, I came home from my second dreaded exam and I noticed a puddle of water on the kitchen floor. No one was home all day so something had to be leaking. Steve came home and discovered the culprit was the water heater. We turned it off, put a bunch of towels in front of it, and went to bed. I woke up 6 hours later to discover a mini lake placid in our kitchen. When you walked on the hardwood floor water shot out the edge. Steve was ever so happy to be woken up at 6 am to have to deal with a water mess. He cut a hole in the closet and thought that maybe the plumber (HIM) from the bathroom remodel might have messed up. We immediately called a “real” plumber and they discovered the water heater was busting at the seams. The good news is that it was just the water heater. The bad news is he was called in off another job so on top of high Naples prices we also got charged “emergency” prices. Oh did I mention that a good chunk of our hardwood floor is bubbled up? We are hoping that we can just redo a portion and not the whole thing.It is too bad that we have to adjust our new summer roomates rent according to our failing appliances. Just kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment