My computer is nearing 56 years old if it is anything like dog years. The only thing that I can do on my computer is hospital stuff. She was/is a good girl although all the new programs stopped supporting windows XP in 2014. Hence, all my Xmas cards, ordering online, etc takes place on my phone. Santa was nice enough to bring me a new one. I am definitely my dads daughter and not a big fan of change. This fancy Windows 10 is getting the best of me. I feel like an oldie and might need to take a Windows refresher class. Ha ha Ha.
Coal
It was no big secret that Andrew got coal for Christmas. He called me on his way home from work a couple of months ago and said he bought himself a gift. I love buying myself gifts too and 99.9% of the time the gifts are < 100 dollars. So I said, " awesome, what did you buy." He said, " There was a trunk sale in my building and they had custom suits." The word custom automatically makes me think a lot of money. So he proceeded to say, " I bought 2 custom suits, 2 ties, 2 custom shirts, pocket squares, belt, and a pair of shoes." I said, "wow, how much did that cost." He said the dreaded words, "you don't even want to know." So that is the short version of why Andrew received coal for Christmas. Hopefully going forward he has reviewed the marriage handbook chapter 1 section 17.6 states, "thou shall not make big purchases (over 500 dollars) without first discussing with ones wife."
Xmas Spectacular
The living Xmas tree has been renamed the Christmas Spectacular. This is an annual event that I look forward to all year. Each year, my dad and I alternate buying tickets. This year it was his turn and he is not quite up to par with the whole texting thing and bought the wrong date. He was so bummed and said he wasn't going to go if my sister couldn't go. He didn't think there were tickets left. So I bought the right tickets and we sold the other ones online. Who knew that a church Christmas show was so popular? Every time we go to the show I think of my grams. She loved the living Xmas tree and always had a perma grin through out the show. It is a nice way to continue to remember her throughout the years.
Christmas light trolley
This is the 2nd year that our neighbors rented a Christmas trolley and drove around town listening to Christmas music and looking at the lights. My parents got into town that night and joined us. It was an awesome time. We ended up in downtown Naples on 5th Ave and went to Virgina's and danced for a couple of songs. We live in a great neighborhood!
Xmas Eve
This was the first time since 2008 that we have spent Xmas with my mom and Mike. They came down on the 23rds and stayed till the 26th. On the 24th we prepared for our big Xmas dinner. Andrew and I always spend Xmas eve alone so it was fun to have family to hang out with. We always go down to Naples for a late lunch and hang out on the beach prior to going to Xmas eve service. This year we weren't going to get down there till after sunset and church started at 6pm. It seemed like a long way to go for church. I like to make it an all day event so we decided to stay close to home and go to Christmas eve at our new church. It was nice for my parents to get a glimpse of our church and experience a different type of Christmas eve service. Afterwards we got Chinese, headed home and put on our new pajamas and watched Fred Clause.



Christmas Day
On Christmas we were planning for 19 people. At the last minute 5 people cancelled so we had tons of food left over. Andrew is an amazing cook and made a beautiful bird. It was fun having friends and family together. I am so thankful for my parents that they can spend Christmas together so we didn't have to choose which set of parents we were going to spend the holiday with. Every ones divorced parents should be like that. Everything went off without a hitch and Andrew even broke the every 2 year curse!








No comments:
Post a Comment