May was the last month of all our visitors. March and April are usually filled with lots of visitors. By the time we get to May we are exhausted! It doesn't help that those months are also the busiest time at my work. May was nice though because I was able to take some time off while my parents were here. They were on a mission to tour Florida and decide where they wanted to live. We showed them around Downtown Fort Myers which they loved.
Sunset
Florida has the best sunsets and I feel like they are always the best in the Spring. It is nice when we have visitors because we always watch the sunsets. 

Kayaking
We rented kayaks and went down the Estero River. We had a blast! I can't even put into words how beautiful and different the river is.
Spa
My mom and I spent the day getting the royal treatment at the spa.
Staycation
It is very rare I get a whole weekend off of work. This happened to be one of those weekends. We wanted to be like everyone else and try a staycation. We looked into St Pete, Miami, Sarasota, Naples and last minute decided on Sanibel. We have a hard time justifying staying any where close when we are super duper lucky and have the awesome condo. Although there is something to be said about someone waiting on you and new scenery. We have never been to Sanibel and it was awesome to spend one of the last weekends before the summer heat enjoying the beauty of Florida. The first night we went to FMB to listen to live music and Saturday we spent all day on the Island. We found a great little hotel bar and hung out at their pool all day.
Shotzie
Shotzie loves summer!










No comments:
Post a Comment