Here I Go

Thursday, December 17, 2015

House upgrades

I love love love love our house but there were things that urked me.  We bought our house practically 'brand new."   It was nice having a "new" house but they didn't do everything to our liking.  The main floor had brand new cheap carpet and contractor grade tile.   We thought about going with wood but in Florida that can be a very risky choice.  Considering between the two of us we have experienced the flood of 2007, 2008 and 2014 we realized that the floor would have been replaced all three of those times. We opted for a tile and love love love the outcome.  Of course as soon as the floors were done I realized I didn't like the previous paint colors.  Go big or go home right?   The other thing that drove me bonkers was the baseboards, trims and doors were a cream color and the crown molding was white.  So we decided to pull the trigger and have everything repainted.  Love the way it turned out! Next up is converting the stairs to wood.  


This is our couch that we bought on an impulse and then realized it was too big.  Whomp whomp.  We ended up selling it on Craiglist and didn't lose to much.  What's that saying.....measure twice and cut once?








No comments:

Post a Comment