I think it would be safe to say that if the world depended on Andrew and I to explore some uncharted area it would go uncharted. We are no Christopher Columbus. Let me back up. Andrew accepted a position in Tampa and has been commuting for the last couple of months. He usually goes up there and stays one or two nights. Ideally he would like to be closer to his home office and we love the Tampa area. I sent my resume to two posting and had a call back within twelve hours. Interviews were set up and we drove around and looked at potential neighborhoods. One position was in Largo and the other Lakewood Ranch. Both positions are in cardiology and are mainly office based. With office comes set hours, holidays and weekends off. Can I get a whoop whoop? I thought for sure that with such a set schedule the pay would be cut significantly. I was pleasantly surprised when both companies extended an offer in the same ballpark as what I make now. Couldn't believe it. So we have been doing some serious thinking. In Ft. Myers we have family that frequently visits, my dad that lives in Naples, great friends and two houses. I have my yoga studio, dentist, tax guy, grocery store, yada yada yada. You would think our potential move was to Africa vs an hour north. Seriously. We are not explorers. There wouldn't have been an America if it was up to us.
Tomorrow I set up couple hours where I can shadow. The best part about being in our situation is that we have jobs and we don't have to be in a hurry to make a decision especially if it doesn't suit us. I am very apprehensive about working solely in an office setting. I also told myself that my next job would be with more than one doctor. The whole singleton thing is way too much responsibility. My potential new job the doctor seems super duper nice. I really haven't been able to dig up too much dirt. It is hard moving to a new area. In Ft. Myers I know who I would work for and who I would run the other way. I have asked around and I was told to be cautious but no one could elaborate.
I was in yoga a couple of nights ago and I have been contemplating the what ifs. How are we going to find a place to live in the next four to six weeks when we are gone two of the weekends. How are we going to rent our place? How am I going to tell my doctor/PA that I decided to take another job? How are we going to know the right area? What about if the doctor is a Dr. Jekyell and Mr. Hyde? What about if I go stir crazy in the office setting? What if the grass isn't greener on the other side? At the end of the yoga class the message was "the best is yet to come." To not be afraid to take chances and move on because becoming stagnant life passes you by. If we don't like it we can always come back. If we don't try we will never know!! The best part is having the opportunity to shadow before making a decision.
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment